Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Beginner

Default first time cruiser on NCL majesty

I am going on the NCL Majesty to Key West/Cozumel for four nights with my boyfriend on 4/14. I have a few questions:
1. Meals: how many formal attired meals? Is soda included in meals?
2. Shore excursions: How much can two people expect to pay?
3. Any advice on what to bring/pack.
4. when i registered it asked about any special occasions...my birthday is a few days before the cruise, so I put that...what can i expect that will be done?
5. how much for a soda ticket (unlimited soda)?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Robyn525600

Default Re: first time cruiser on NCL majesty

1)There is only one night that is formal and soda is not included with meals.

2) Excursions range from $35-90 depending on the excursion you choose.

3) It will obviously be warm so bring appropriate clothing.

4) Nothing will happen for your b-day. They offer special baskets, etc. for purchase that you can pre-order and they might try to solicate you on that.

5) I've heard a wide range of soda ticket prices - from $20-$28 - maybe it depends on the length of the cruise.

Hope this helps!
Old March 26th, 2003, 12:57 PM
JennCT

We just got back from that same cruise on the Majesty.

There are no formal meals. Only a cocktail reception with the captain. We did not see very many men wearing jackets during the cruise. You can dress up as much as you want for dinner. More so at LeBistro. Soda is not included at all. Ice Tea is though. We didn't do any shore excursions and I heard they weren't great. My husband and son both celebrated birthdays on board. The cruise line slips a card under your door that you can bring to dinner with you one night to hand to the MAitre-d. They will bring out a cake and sing Happy Birthday. This cruise line was varied on what people wore. Pack whatever clothes you are comfortable with. Bring your own bottled water for shore excursions. Bring a hair dryer, the one in the room wasn't very powerful.

Have fun!
Old March 28th, 2003, 09:54 PM
rubbinizracin

First time crusiers here 2!!! Me an the wife are finally officially tying the knot an this is our honeymoon no kids wooohooooooooooooo!.......