Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Yeoman

Default Seattle Bell St Term.

Anyone used this facility?? Going into Seattle and looking for tips on getting from SEATAC to the ship. Are there busses, trams, etc from the airport??Costs involved? I know cabs are $25-40.00. Places to go till boarding? Any help appreciated.
Thanks&SSaFWs...ED
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Seattle Bell St Term.

Cab is your best bet, in my opinion, unless ship transfers are priced right.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 10:19 AM
Bob W

Last year we took a tram (bus) to our downtown Hotel. as we were in town a day early.
The Pikes Place open air market is near the ship terminal and a great place to visit.
Old April 26th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Yeoman

Thanks for all replies here and those to come.
SSaFWs..ED
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Seattle Bell St Term.

I don't know if you are going to the pier from the airport (then the taxi is $25.00) or a hotel. If you are getting there a day or two early, as we are, and staying at a hotel closer to downtown then the taxi should only cost $6 to $7 plus tip. We stayed at the Hampton Inn out by the Seattle Tower last year and that is all the taxi cost. A very good seafood restaurant is right next door plus you can catch the local shuttle/tram down to the shops along the water front for very little money. There is so much to do and see in Seattle, if you have the time do go to Pikes Market as a previous message recommended.

Old May 12th, 2003, 08:38 PM
GregSD

For transportation from SeaTac to the Cruise Ship terminal try the van service Shuttle Express. You can contact them via their Web site. I think they are much less expensive than a cab for an individual. For 2 or more people a cab may be a better deal. The true cheap way to get downtown is either Metro Transit or Sound Transit.
http://www.shuttleexpress.com
http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/transport/transit.htm
http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/tr...shuttlebus.htm

The Edgewater hotel is right by the terminal, so they would certainly be able to take you there.
http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/location.cfm

The Seattle Marriott Waterfront should be across the street. I should have looked when I was down there yesterday, but I was too busy looking at the NCL Sun. Note that there are several Marriotts around Seattle.
http://www.gowestmarriott.com/seattl...ont/index.html

There are plenty of things to do in Seattle. You can go to Pike Place market to shop and look around. Westlake Center and the whole shopping district is a short cab or bus ride away. The Pacific Science center has science type exhibits, and an Imax theater. There is another Imax theater somewhere on the waterfront too. You could ride the waterfront trolley to Pioneer Square. Near Pioneer Square is the football and baseball stadiums. There are numerous art galleries, and other old town type shops.
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Yeoman

All taken care of.. Hotel, transportation, restaurants, etc.. Thanks again to all.
22 days to go..Yipee!!
SSaFWs..ED