Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Rgodwin

Default Norway Suite KO35

I am travelling on the Norway Sunday April 20th 2003 and have suite KO35 and this is the last suite before going out to the pool area. I have been told by someone that was on this cruise 10 years ago that the door that goes to the pool area gets caught by the wind and always slams.
Does anyone that has travelled recently have any knowledge of this issue and can comment?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to hayward
Default Re: Norway Suite KO35

Please let me know what responses you get, I have booked in September for K034.
Old April 19th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Passenger

Hi...We sailed on the Sky in January/February and had a wonderful time!!! Your cabin in in a great location at mid ship. If you go to the Norwegian site you will be able to get a deck of the ship to see your location. We spent a lot of time forward at the small pool and at the forward lounge. The Garden Spot is a great place for lunch and is the "back" of the ship. The cabins are small but we didn't mind. Bring a fold up shelf unit to store your clothes. (very cheap at Wal-mart)

Please enjoy.... I too paniced at the nay sayers but it was a wonderful vacation with wonderful service.

Zib
Old April 20th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Norway Suite KO35

I think te previous cruiser was on the "Sky," not the "Norway." I have friends that were just two doors down the hall from your cabin and they had no problems with noise of any kind. They really loved their cruise a lot! Have a great trip and take earplugs, just in case.
Old April 28th, 2003, 07:21 AM
J EVANS

WIFE AND I WERE IN KO35 ON 01/05/03 CRUISE. YOU WILL ENJOY.HEARD OUTSIDE DOOR SLAM ONLY A FEW TIMES. CABIN ALSO HAS EXCELLENT ACCESS TO CENTER ELEVATORS,POOL DECK POOL AND OTHER POPULAR SPOTS. JE
Old April 28th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to jondirk

Particularly the Sunspots Bar!
Old April 29th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Rgodwin

I enjoyed my cruise. We did not have any problems with the door as I was told we would. It is a wood door with a very heavy door closure on it and you could not slam it unless you had to.

Enjoy yourself I look forward to going again.
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:00 PM
First Mate

Rgodwin - I wish I would have read your post earlier - my computer has been down the last couple of weeks. Anyway, I was in K032 - on the other side of the pool in March for our wedding cruise (married on St John). Like you, we found the door to be no problem. It was great having the proximity to the pool area like that!!
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Passenger

I'm glad I found this section. My wife and I will be sailing 6-13 Jul 03 and we have K-029. Anyone have any input on this cabin or cabin area? I understand it's a suite with ceiling to floor windows and no balcony. I hope it's a nice one. This is my first cruise, though my wife has sailed before, and it's our 25th anniversary as well. Hope it was a wise choice.

Thanks ahead for any input/advice. Be Gentle
Old May 6th, 2003, 08:30 PM
First Mate

Walt - You will love it. It is perfect location. Stairwell #2. Elevators/stairs go top to bottom (not all do). You are steps from the pool. Can easily step outside, go upstairs, and enjoy Star Deck (above Sun Deck). You are right there near the elevator/stairs. No need to worry about noise.

We posted just a couple of pictures in our photo gallery. We were in K032. My parents were in K019 and grandparents in K021... so I was in your hallway often.
http://www.cruisemates.com/MBindex/PGindex.cfm
Look for "Norway Wedding Cruise 3/16" with author Mandy. Just a couple of snapshots of our cabin. We were at the end of the "other" hallway next to the pool. Never heard noise from pool or even the door at the end of the hallway.

If you are in Leeward, it will be a walk. Just think of it as walking off dessert. We always went down the stairs (#2) a total of three decks to Internation deck. Strolled along Internationale deck to the very end, then took Stairwell #6 down to Leeward. That really split up the stairs, and gave a direct passageway from one end of the ship to the other. If you are in Windward, it is stairwell #3, so much closer. Still down several floors though. The Roman Spa is at the base of #3 also.

Enjoy your cruise!! Oh - make sure you let the concierge (Alex) know it is your 25th - see if he suggests anything special. He may be able to hook you up. He got us VIP passes for captain's cocktail reception in Captain's quarters. Truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Let your waiter know you are celebrating #25. For biggies like that (and weddings) everyone on board truly takes care of you.

-Mandy in Dallas
Old May 7th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Passenger

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for the reply. It sounds really great. I checked your pictures. They were very nice and congratulations on your wedding. Hope everything is going well for you and your husband. If you think of anything else I should should know about the cruise, please let me know. Thanks again.

Walt in VA
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Passenger

Hi There,

we'll be sailing on the Norway 6-13 Jul 03. We will be in K-029. How did you like your suite? Do you have any words of wisdom. Hope you had a good time. Please advise.
Thanks.

Walt
Old May 17th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Jerseygirlaj

This is all very good information to know. It really helps when someone is willing to share like Mandi! Thanks. We are cruising on the Oct. 12th departure and it can't happen soon enough for me!
Old May 18th, 2003, 05:45 PM
First Mate

Hey JerseyGirl! You know, these message boards have saved me lots of money AND time! Ex: what to do when I get to port! One can only be happy to return the favor.

Plus, when you return from a cruise - you always go through that horrible "withdrawal period". Ugh. But, you're still already keeping an eye out for the next good deal! Even my parents and grandparents who had NEVER cruised before are now looking for a good deal! (I forewarned them they would get hooked...)

Enjoy your trip! I'll be well into a new school year with a new slew of sixth graders by then... But I can only imagine your anticipation mounting!!