Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2003, 06:35 PM
JyGresham

Default Norwegian Crown/formerly Crown Odyssey

Does anyone know what itineraries NCL will have for the former Crown Odyssey which has been turned back over to NCL after having been owned by Orient Lines for some time? We have never been on the ship but have wanted to sail onher for some time, based on what we know or have read about her in the past I wonder if NCL plans any major changes in the ship, such as adding freestyle dining, more kiddie programs, reconfiguration,etc? We would like to take a transatlantic/repositioning cruise of 2 or 3 weeks on her unless too many drastic changes have been made by the new owners? The ship has been named Norwegion Crown. Would be most interested in hearing from someone who has sailed on her recently or has a future cruise planned. Thanks for any info .JYG Email me if you like JYGresham@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2003, 08:55 PM
L Pyle

Default Re: Norwegian Crown/formerly Crown Odyssey

My husband and I are booked on the Crown departing on 9/26/03 from Baltimore to New England and Canada. I have just been getting some additional information myself to prepare. If you go to ncl.com and bring down "news" there is a lengthy bulletin concerning the refurbished Crown. I think the changes seem great and we hope we will enjoy the Freestyle Cruising since we have never experienced it before.
Old June 24th, 2003, 10:03 AM
tick1946

My wife and I did Freestyle on the Dream in October ti New England /Canada----I was hesitant-------but we both loved it and it is the way for me now. I did not find any degradation in service. We are going on the SEA to Bermuda this year and are looking forward to Freestyle again in a warmer climate.The Crown will be doing the Bemuda run in 2004 that the Norwegian Sea is doing this year. I may have to go back again---my travel agent said the Crown is beautiful and intimate--and the rooms are quite large---she just did a tour of the ship.
Old June 24th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Nita

I hate the thought of anything other than freestyle. I do think the service suffers just a tad, with expection of the speicalty restaurants. I also think the service has probably deteriotater on all lines a bit. Now that I have said that freestyle is so wonderful that we hesitated booking the Norway in January. We wanted our grand daughter to experience the true old world charm but hated to return to traditional cruising. I am sure this will be our last cruise on any ship without freestyle. I can't wait to cruise the crown.

Nita
Old June 24th, 2003, 01:13 PM
LF

We are going on the Crown mid Nov around Cape Horn Argentina to Buenos Aires....
Can't wait. New itineraries are on the NCL site. It is changing over from Orient to Norwegian in Sept.