Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2003, 09:02 PM
KathyandMike

Default Norway Oct 19th

We are booked on the Norway leaving Miami on Oct 19th. We know that so many of you on this message board have had to make other arrangements. Is any one else on this group scheduled for that specific cruise? Has any one that was scheduled on the dates that have been cancelled now rescheduled for dates from October 5th or later? What is the likely hood that the repairs won't be finished by October? Do people think that NCL gave a realistic return to service date? The crew members and their familiess remain in our prayers.
Kathy and Mike
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:52 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Norway Oct 19th

Kathy and Mike... I was scheduled to sail on the September 14th cruise. We rebooked for November 9th.There is all kind of speculation about when and if she will sail and this is just my opinion. I feel that NCL has gone through a lot , and in the few weeks after the accident I don't believe even NCL knew the extent of the damage. Now that they know, I feel that they just didn't blow out a date like October 5th and hope that would be enough time for repairs! I think they seriously decided that was a safe amount of time to get all repairs done. As a huge business, I am sure they need to consider the fact that if they were to cancel more cruises because of their estimated time, they would lose a tremendous amount of customers dealing with their line. People would lose confidence in not only the Norway, but all other ships in their fleet! For me, IF they cancel again and then extend the repair date, I for one will NOT deal with them again. I don't want to sound disgruntled, but by then I know I will be! This is not complaining , but just stating the facts, that the cancellation caused us a lot of worries and changing of schedules, not only for our family but our friends, too. We had to also change dates for our Disney vacation directly after our Norway cruise, and that was very hard to do, because the resort was booked up. I feel NCL knows what they are doing, and we need to be patient and let them do their job and repair the ship.