Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Default review

Hello everyone, Just got back today from the most wonderful trip on the Dawn . My husband and 5 teens, 17-21. Each one of us had a great time. Plenty of fun, activities, the excursions were great. Went to the space center in cape canaveral, and the kids went to islands of adventure. In miami we went on the air boat excursion, well worth it, and the kids went to the beach. In the bahamas, my husband and I went to cable beach, beautiful, went jet skiing, they have banana boats, parasailing, and the hotels didn't mind if we used the pools. (drinks served in the pool) !!! The private island was wonderful , relaxing could have spent more time there. The staff of the Dawn is very attentive. If you get the chance eat at the Venetian, very personnel service. The shows well, just don't miss them. The cruise director we had is leaving today for a 3 month vacation, so I don't know about the activities with the new director, but I'm sure he/she will be just as good. I could go on and on but I'll end here, on this note: we booked a 10 day cruised in february on the dawn, check out the itinerary . Have fun all!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: review

How did you get to Cape Kennedy? DId you use the Dawn's excursion or just take a cab over? It looks nearby and the ship seems to charge alot for a short trip. Thanks!
Old July 13th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: review

We booked the excursion from the ship. It wasn't a long trip, you probably can use a taxi, and the admission is inexpensive by itself. May you can look on line, for cab prices in port canaveral, it will save you some money in the long run. We did enjoy the excursion.
Old July 14th, 2003, 05:29 AM
marg

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!!ABOUT THE VENTIONS WHEN DID YOU BOOK IT WHAT OTHERS SHOULD BOOKD REST???WHAT IS THE COVER CHARGE????WE ARE GOING AUG 17 PLEASE E/MAIL WITH DETAILS WHAT DECK WERE YOU ON WE ARE ON 10FL!!!WHAT SHOWS TO SEE!!!!!LET ME KNOW SO I WILL PLAN WHEN I GET ON THE DAWN!!!!!!!!!!THATS MARG
Old July 19th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Passenger

There is no cover charge for the venetian restaurant, so no reservations are necessary. They take reservations only until 6:00, but there is no need, we had 7 in our party, and never had to wait more then a couple of minutes for them to adjust the table seating. There are 10 restaurants, only 3 have a cover charge. The steak restaurant, but no need, because the steak and lobster in venetian was great. The other two, Im not sure of the name, but we didn't go there beacuse the free food was great, and no need to go, and I would have if the regular restaurants didn't have such good food. The shows were amazing. Don't miss any if you can. The bollywood was the best hands down, but all are worth the trip. The stardust theatre was huge, so there was always plenty of seating, either show, the 8 or the 10 :00 shows. Just get there a few minutes early to get good seating. We were on the 10th floor also, 1042 to be exact, it was a penthouse suite, we got an upgrade from a minisuite a week before we sailed. It was directly in the front of the boat, was the best!! I know that if you want to make reservations for dinner you have to make them a day in advance.

This cruise (my 5th) was by far the best!! We even booked another in Feb, from NY to 5 islands, a 10 day cruise. Not sure what the water will be like up here in Feb, but the boat is huge and stable, and I'm sure will be just as enjoyable. Have a great time. You will!!!

Maria
Old July 19th, 2003, 10:15 AM
Nita

Maria, boy I think I know what will be my next cruise after the Norway. You and others make the Dawn seem so wonderful. I think cruising out on NYC would be a great experience for those of us who are not from the east coast and have had very little exposure to the city. We did spent a few days there about 25 years ago; other than that our experience has been flying in and out of Kennedy. That's not the best experience in the world. Glad you and the kids had a good time.

Nita
Old July 19th, 2003, 05:44 PM
marg

THANK YOU MARIE!!!!!!HOW WAS YOUR WATERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1MARG
Old July 23rd, 2003, 04:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: review

smooth sailing every day, wonderful!