Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2003, 05:30 AM
marg

Default WINE AND BEER BRING ON BD???

HI I AM GOING ON THE DAWN 8-17-2003 CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY TRIED TO BRING BEER OR WINE ON BD???????????????PS ADVISE BIG DELIMA!!!!!!!YES OR NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS MARG
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:01 AM
Nita

Default Re: WINE AND BEER BRING ON BD???

I have heard wine is ok, we brought a 1.5 liter bottle on in our shipped luggage last Jan and had no trouble. Not being a beer drinker I can't say, but the worst that can happen is they will conviscate it, embarrass you a little and hold it until the night before your cruise is over. We do have ideas on how to get liquor on board (just a little for a pre dinner drink) but don't want to give my ideas away on an open board. NMNita
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:03 AM
marg

Default Re: Re: WINE AND BEER BRING ON BD???

E/MAIL ME RITA!!!!!!WITH INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MARG
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:36 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to SkiVT1
Default Re: Re: Re: WINE AND BEER BRING ON BD???

Nita, (Not Rita as OUR CAPITAL LETTER LOVER SO ELOQUENTLY PUT IT) I would also be interested in hearing how you got a little liquor to accompany you on board. Going aboard the Carnival Destiny in January was a joke, they actually told us we had one trip between the duty-free shop and the ship to carry as many bottles as possible. This was obviously a nod to the college aged crowd aboard our ship that week. I will be sailing aboard the Norwegian Majesty in August, and was wondering how I could get a bottle of wine or two, or maybe a bottle of liquor aboard. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

8/10/03 Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:45 PM
Nita

Marg, I tried to email you, but your address wouldn't come up. You and Chuck too can Email me. I will be glad to share my deep dark secrets. Ha Ha

Nita
Old July 22nd, 2003, 05:01 AM
marg

NITA SORRY ABOUT THE SPEELING !!!!!!!!!!!!HOW DO I E/MAIL YOU?????MARG
Old July 22nd, 2003, 07:39 AM
Eiben

Share your "secrets" Pleaseeeeee! (and I'll see if they match mine!)
Old July 22nd, 2003, 10:22 PM
Todd R

Clear liquors (white rum, vodka, gin, tequilla) can go in clear plastic water bottles. Buy the 2L size, pour out the water (or drink it if you're so inclined) and pour the alcohol in.

No one will be the wiser (ok, maybe they will but nobody is going to prevent you from bring "water" aboard).
Old July 25th, 2003, 03:21 PM
English Cruisers

Hi

We sailed on the Dream and had the same dilema. However we managed to get enough drink on-board to keep us going for the whole cruise and don't feel that we cheated NCL as our total bar bill was still more than we paid for one person's cruise.

Anyhow back to the booze. Here in the UK we buy 500ml bottles of water which I kept and filled with Jameson's Irish Whiskey. Jameson's is a very smooth whiskey and can be drunk either neat or on the rocks so a mixer is not necessary. I wrapped the bottles in bubble wrap and secreted them in both suitcaes and carry-on luggage.

There was no problem and all bottles duly arrived in our state-room
Old August 14th, 2003, 04:37 PM
SHIRLEY LYNCH

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: WINE AND BEER BRING ON BD???

SAILING ON 1012/ TO BERMUDA AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO BRING LIQUOR ON BOARD (UNOPENED)
Old August 15th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Joyce

I would like to know if any of you brought beer? I want to do that. Feel free to email me ; )

Joyce
Old January 18th, 2004, 06:36 PM
David Mitchell

... Hey Cruisers this is a fun read. As a teenager not quite 21, I could fit two cold beers into my Jeans. Of course this was a movie theater but it might just work for you. If you are considering a small keg ...we will have to give that more thought.
David
Old January 29th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Ellen Horn

Did you find out how to take beer on board cruise ship or if they allow you to do it?Please reply soon. We are going on the Majesty 2/28.
Old January 29th, 2004, 06:33 PM
PUFF

Okay you get the booze on in clear water bottles. Now what about the mixers? Can you purchase tonic & limes?
Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:00 PM
Jacki

Nip bottles and shampoo size bottles work well too. Just pack them in your toiletries bag. Anything that looks it could be a tanning lotion bottle is a good bet too! Just make sure you put your bottles in ziplock bags in case they get broken. The water bottle works great if you have clear liquors. We did this on the Majesty and had no problems at all. To the cruiser going in August....when are you sailing....we are going the week of the 22nd!