Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Default New Star Itinerary, Mexico

We are booking the 11-21-04 Thanksgiving cruise on the Norwegian Star.

I really like this new eight day itinerary. I have been on the typical three stop 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise twice. I don't really like Mazatlan and the typical half-day in Cabo isn't enough time to do very much.This will be a welcome change with an afternoon and into the late evening port stop in Acapulco, a visit to Ixtapa/Zijuatanejo, a full day in each port in P.V. & Cabo. (And no Mazatlan, Yeah!) It is most unusual to include Acapulco and Ixtapa/Zijuatanejo in an eight day Itinerary out of Los Angeles. Often one has to fly to or from Acapulco. This is a real plus.

Is anyone thinking about this Itinerary or cruise date? Who knows, maybe Kuki could make this into a Cruisemates group cruise, you never know.
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Lee and Kelli

Default Re: New Star Itinerary, Mexico

HI Chuck.... yes we are booked on the 10/20/04 cruise. I normally don't book that far
in advance but I could not pass up the rate. We are hoping for a suite but would be
happy w/a balcony. For now I booked a midship outside, excellent location. I guess
I will work on some type of upgrade "down the road". I agree with you the ports are
just excellent for a eight day cruise. We have never cruised out of LA so I am sure it
will be a adventure. We always fly out the day before. I think this cruise will be very
popular!!

Lee and Kelli (from WI.)
Old July 27th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: New Star Itinerary, Mexico

Dear Lee and Kelli,

Thanks for responding. I have been to P.V. at least one week every year for the last twenty or so years. Sometimes we have stayed as long as a month. I have several close friends that live there.There is a lot to do and so much to see there. If you have any questions about P.V. I'll do my best to answer them. Feel free to e-mai me. It's not the best city to see by cruise ship because Most cruisers never get to know what a beautiful city she is. One day is not enough.

I've been to cabo only twice and both times it was only for four hours or so. I'm looking forward to the full day there. The other two ports will be interesting, particularly Zijuatanejo.

My travel agent is pretty sure there will be further discounts later in the year, bur as you said the rates aren't bad at all. We got a category BC balcony. The rooms look a bit small but I guess the bathrooms are nice, especially the tubs. With NCL we always plan on eating in the alternative dining spots several nights so that adds to the cost. The regular gastronomic faire is often spotty to poor in the "no additional charge" restaurants. Or at least so it seemed to us on our twelve night Baltic cruise on the Dream. Maybe the food on the Star will be better, who knows?

Anyway we have a long time to think about this cruise given that it's many moons away.
Old July 27th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Yeoman

I hate to be nosy, but where have you found the rates listed for the Star's Mexican Riviera and what were some of the pricing for balcony BC or BD rates?

Thanks, Luanne

Old July 27th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Admiral

I made phone calls to Cruise Shopping . com, Best Price Cruises, and NCL. I found pricing at one website I cannot remember which one. I also advertised here on bargain finder. The best price I could find was $1075 p.p. including taxes, port fees, etc. for category BC. This is not a fabulous price but not terrible given that it is eight nights and Thanksgiving.
Old July 27th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Yeoman

Thanks Chuck,
I don't think it is bad at all especially for one extra night and Holiday like you mentioned. I've never tried the bargain finder here but next time I book a cruise I will try, nothing to lose I guess, maybe something to save!

Luanne