Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2003, 03:38 PM
marg

Default back from the dawn

it was the greatest ship i have ever been on !!!i sugest that everyone from all the other cruise lines jump and go on the dawn service staff food the best in the world!!!!!!any quitions just ask???marg
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: back from the dawn

how many cruises have you been on--which lines--i am going on the dawn but i dont expect the same experience as celebrity--
Old August 26th, 2003, 01:00 PM
SuzanneH

Default Re: Re: back from the dawn

I took the Dawn 8/3. I think you might be a bit disappointed compared to Celebrity. We had been on two Celebrity ships before and it felt like a step down. The Dawn was a nice ship and everything, but the freestyle thing really wasn't for us and we missed the attention we got on Celebrity. Just don't expect anyone to take you to your cabin when you first board or to take your tray to a table at the buffet.
Old August 26th, 2003, 04:55 PM
tokathy

I agree with SuzanneH......the ship is nice and new, but it just doesn't have the consistant service and attention that we have learned to love on Celebrity..........

.............and the Dawn's aft balconies are a big disappointment.............
Old August 27th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Passenger

tks for your replies--i expect to be dissapointed when i go --as my level of comparison is to celebrity--and then little things like carrying trays --being shown to the room with champagne and getting ice cold wash clothes at the pool do add up to pleasure
Old August 27th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Doug P

marg,
It's great to hear thta you had a super cruise! What were favorite things about the ship.

Doug P
Old August 28th, 2003, 07:57 PM
maur

Marg

What trips did you take in the ports

Maureen
Old September 8th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Passenger

i just got back from the dawn... loved everthing about it!!!!! any questions feel free to email!!!!
Old September 8th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Nikki718

Default Re: Re: Re: back from the dawn

I went on the dawn aug 17, and had a wonderful time. my expectations were extrodanarily high, and they were exceeded. I agree with Marg.....FREESTYLE IS WONDERFUL, and the cruise, staff, and staterooms were marvelous!!! Don't expect to be dissapointed, expect the best!!!
Old September 15th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Jackson

Thanks! That's so good to know
Old September 15th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Passenger

We just got back on the dawn yesterday and I have cruised alot 9 trips on the princess line. The ship is beautiful and everything else was okay but the menu was the worst on the 7 seas that I have found so far. The free style dining and all was just ok. The menu was so bad that we ate 5 out of 7 nights at the buffet we didn't pay that money to serve ourself It will be along time before we sail on norwegian again. out feeling were the same as many people aboard the ship. If you are a new crusier the menu might be ok but not if you know Better We will have to try RC next time
Old September 15th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

hey charlie we were on the ship with you! just got back yesterday ourselves from the dawn. Maybe you saw us! we were a party of 9 ranging from the 11 month old in the stroller to my grandmother the 91 year old in the wheelchair! I agree with you as far as your feelings about cruising ncl again. did you happen to notice how rude the passengers were? or was it just me and my family that thought that?
Erin
Old September 16th, 2003, 05:45 AM
Passenger

Rude people aboard that ship they were the most rudest people I have ever cruised with I almost came to blows with a few of them. Yes I probalby did see you aboard as I remember quite a few people with small children My son-in-law wanted to take his dad who is wheelchair bound on that ship but I will not reccomend that crusie for them do you know if they had handicapp room I know princess does.Just remember the mess when we arrived back in new york trying to get your land transport to get home .
Old September 16th, 2003, 03:29 PM
wilma

I encountered lots of rude people from the NY departing ships as well. I don't know if they were NY'ers or not but they wouldn't hold doors or move out of the way even when we would says "excuse me". They would bump into us or take chairs from out table without even asking.
Old September 18th, 2003, 05:29 PM
anonomous

Default Re: New York Passengers

Not so fast. I was born in New York and I, like many New Yorkers have been raised to respect and be polite just like you. I have never pushed, bumped or taken anything without apologizing or asking first. I have cruised many times, twice from New York and I find that most of the inconsiderate , rude , brain dead, obnoxious people are not from NY. (the mid-western accent has always been a good give away for me). So, just because a ship leaves from here don't be so eager to jump to the conclusion that the "rude passengers" are from here. Keep in open mind, it is not where you come from but what was your upbringing. Most New Yorkers are strong , educated & proud people and do not deserve to be stereotyped.
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Passenger

s***w you wilma, just because there were rude people doesn't necessarily make them New Yorkers...I am a NYer, work in Midtown and took the Dawn in August and let me tell you that most of the rude people were from the south or midwest like anonomous said. Not to mention that there were a lot of Europeans on the boat too, so not everyone on the boat was from NY. I think that people not from New York think they need to be rude "...because NYers are rude..." Bulls**t, grow up Wilma and get your head out of your a**.
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Passenger

Also, I've been on about 10 cruises and am only 24 years old and I gotta say that as compared to some of the other cruises Ive been on this was probably the most civil I've ever seen passengers. I will admit that the pier leaves a little to be desired, and there was some confusion disembarking but everybody was patient and understanding. Must be because NYers are smarter and have more class than everybody else in the world. I'm sorry that somebody used one of chairs but I think you'l get over it. Next time politely tell the person you need it and I'm positive that they will apologize and give it back. Try not to be so closed-minded and maybe you would have enjoyed your trip. Hope you are having a grand old time back in your trailer park away from the rude NYers. NY is better without you here.
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Sorry to disagree with anonomous and "b", but some of the rudest people I met have been from NYC - must be the Bronx, Brooklyn and Lawn Guyland accents that gave them away. Literally pushing people out of their way without an "excuse me", skipping in line like they are better than others and their time is more precious than mine - like they just had to have seconds or thirds at the buffet before they ran out of food (again easy to tell by the accents). I have also encountered rude people from Texas, California, France, Germany and many other places (accents give them away too.) Let's just settle this and say that there are classy and rude people EVERYWHERE in the world. No one place is better than another, despite what some tend to think.

p.s. - my referrals are not to people I personally know from these places, but total strangers who have entered and exited my life in very short periods of time.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:26 PM
Passenger

Lisa, this was my point, "... rude people EVERYWHERE in the world...", not sure what you are disagreeing with me on....
Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:38 PM
Passenger

...Wilma singled out NYers as the sole root of her cruising problem...I was refuting this accusation....frankly, it is uneducated and typical of others to assume the worst from NYers...even though it is the capital of the World, and the most important city on the face of the planet...
Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:37 AM
anonomous

lisa, also my point , it is not where you come from but your upbringing. I have to agree with b, don't always assume the worst behavior are from nyers. Thanks for the ny support b.
Old September 23rd, 2003, 09:59 AM
Passenger

Anytime anonomous....if it wasn't for this city, the world wouldn't go round....