Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Beginner

Default Majesty

Hi, I just finished touring the Majesty with my husband and 3 boys. We are bookied to cruise to Bermuda next August.

I Dont understand this..............Why does'nt Noerweigan send us a newer bigger ship?

I know they stretched it and all but after cruising larger ships......not mega ships. I cant believe how small it feels on that ship.

If a ship sells out every year why wouldnt they want to sell out more rooms on a bigger more updated ship?? I think people would love it!! Also with the popularity in cruising going up since 9/11 (I myself would rather not fly) I just think they would not have a problem filling a larger ship.

I have spoken to my travel Agent about this subject and she said that things were trying to be done to get them to Update us In the Boston area with a newer , larger ship but NCL doesnt seem to be taking the advice of the cruising Industry.

Just a thought, does anyone else have thoughts on this matter?
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Parrot Mom

Default Re: Majesty

Personally, I've cruised the Majesty nine times...and I had the opportunity to speak to one of their sales people from Florida one year.. They don't get it!!! Cruising from Boston is very convenient. Period. I just bused to NYC to take the NCL Sea so that I could go to the three docks instead of St. George and y ou know that we ended up in Canada, Boston and Newport. Instead of getting home at 11:00 a.m. iin the morning we didn't get home about 4:00 from the bus in Providence and had to leave our home at 7:00 a.m. instead of 11:00 a.m. I've personally spoken to somebody in Bermuda and he said they were not happy that the Majesty was "stretched"..because of the difficulty of getting out in case of a storm to the entrance of St. George. There is a specific capacity that all ships area allowed in order not to overdue the facilities in Bermuda. The fact that NCL has two ships going to Bermuda is interesting in that other lines don't seem to be able to have more than one. We were on the Majesty when it was the Royal Majesty and before it was stretched and improved by NCL. The Majesty holds a special place for me.. the people, the ship, the Majesty experience..and after cruising another line last September (Royal Caribbean), I'll take NCL any day of the week.. You will love the Majesty and Bermuda.. Somebody who went there for the first time a few weeks ago has already re-booked for next year. We are called BOP's.. Bermuda Obsessed People
Old September 19th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Majesty

The reason for not allowing larger ships into Bermuda is capacity control. Although the cruise ship passengers are an important part of their tourism, Bermuda is a small island and doesn't need to be inumdated by cruise ship passengers who do not spend that much money on the island, all food and entertainment being onboard.

NCL is considering bringing the Norwegian Crown into the Boston/Bermuda market for a change of ship, but the Crown is actually smaller at about 34,000 tons and passenger capacity of 1,100. I am going to be on the Crown this week for a tour/luncheon when it makes a port-of-call in Boston. I love the Majesty and I'm not sure I like the idea of her leaving Boston.

As far as not being allowed more than one ship in Bermuda, NCL picked up the itinerary left behind by Princess when they pulled the Pacific Princess from its fleet, which did the NY/Bermuda run. Also, Celebrity cruises has the Zenith and Horizon both cruising NY/Bermuda weekly. Carnival and Cunard have brought in larger ships but not on a weekly basis.