Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2003, 04:14 PM
J and T

Default Dawn Penthouse Suite

My wife and I have a Penthouse suite on the Dawn, has anyone seen and or stayed in one?. We are wondering about them..
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to wayneR
Default Re: Dawn Penthouse Suite

My wife and I stayed in Penthourse suite catagory AB. If this is the one your are staying in your going to love it. It has two bedrooms, living room and dinette area. It has a whirlpool bath with TV in it. Also a seperate shower. The second bedroom also has a shower in it. There are 4 TV and DVD players. The balcony has two lounge chairs. the only thing I didnt like was that it had two baskets with goodies in them to eat. But you had to pay for whatever you ate. Besides that you will love the Suite
Old October 16th, 2003, 04:19 PM
sandy peace

Default Re: Re: Dawn Penthouse Suite

Hi, I am going on the dawn in feb. we are staying in the garden villa suite on the 14th floor, can you tell me if you are staying in a suite do you get any privelages as far as sighning up for excursions or even embarking and dissembarking. Also did you have room service at all, how was the service? thanks Sandy
Old October 17th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Passenger

Sandy,

The Garden Villa is magnificent. I thought our Penthouse Suite was something, wait till you see the Garden Villa. You do get perks. You get to board first and dissenbark first. I beleive you also get a limo to take you to the ship. How many pepole are you going with. I think the Villa holds up to six. You can spend to whole cruise in the villa without leaving.

Your going to have a great time
Old October 18th, 2003, 02:48 PM
sandy peace

Hi, and thanks for the info, we are going with 3 kids and another couple, I hope its really awesome, I think I heard somewhere that we get our own butler or something!! I knew about the limo thing, that sounds nice, im more concerned with getting on and off the ship without all the hassle that usually goes on,, especially with the kids. Do you know if there will be any priority as far as booking excursions go?? thanks sandy
Old October 18th, 2003, 02:50 PM
sandy peace

hi ,, ome more question.. do they have people to hire to babysit in the rooms . do you know? thanks sandy
Old October 20th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Passenger

Sandy

You will be able to enbark and disenbark with no problem in NY. As far as baby sitter, I'm not sure.
For the excursions, you wait till they call your tour. (if you booked one from NCL). If you do your own thing, you can get off ship any time you want.
Old October 21st, 2003, 08:02 AM
George in NY

Default Re: Re: Re: Dawn Penthouse Suite

Sandy, I almost have to ask if you are kidding or what. Considering the Garden Villa Suite is probably the largest, most unique, and most expensive accomodations at sea right now at least in normal market lines, you should have priority everything. Consider that I just returned from Dawn in a mere mini-suite accomodation and that your cruise should be about 7 times more expensive figuring you are splitting it with other couple. The garden Villa Suite pricing is about 14 times more than we paid, they are magnifocent. I would think that NCL would cause you to be met at pier and personally checked in and walked to your suite at anytime you arrive after ship clears. If they are not doing that then shame on them.

I toured the Garden Villa Suites in Dec inaugural visit to NY and have numeroud photo's of them and your own private deck areas complete with your own personal outside hot tub. You can see some great 360 shots of these and other accomodations at [http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/galleryships.htm] .

I attached a photo of your personal hottub, this is but a SMALL part of your own personal private deck space.

You have Butler service of course, heck the living room alone is larger than most suites on most ships. The ships conceirge should personally visit you to arrange any excursions you wish to take and you should be guarenteed special handling if NCL has any clue at all. This is the same accomodation that Kim Cantrell from Sex in the City sailed in as Godmother of the Dawn.

The ships Social Hostesss should also pay a personal visit to you, should actually meet you as you board if NCL is doing anything correctly. Would love to hear what they did and didn't do for you upon your return.

BTW My review of the Oct 5th sailing can be found at
[http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/dawnrev.htm]
I submitted the link to cruisemates also under pass reviews but I don't think it is up yet.

George in NY

Old October 21st, 2003, 08:05 PM
Passenger

I am quite sure that they even reserve seats for you in the night club--but if you pay the price you deserve it--enjoy the experience--you only live once
Old October 22nd, 2003, 11:51 AM
sandy peace

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Dawn Penthouse Suite

Hi George, nope, not kidding , I am really going in feb. and staying in that suite! I cant wait, I hope its as awsome as everyone is saying. I am going to take a look at your pictures, and I will absolutely post about the trip when I return. Thanks for the info. Sandy
Old October 22nd, 2003, 04:54 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to lauren04
Default Re: Re: Re: Dawn Penthouse Suite

HI!! I read your message. We are going on the Dawn on 2/15/04 and we are only in a stateroom. We have to watch our budget. I wish we had a better room. Have you heard of any info on how these rooms are?

WE are first time cruisers. And very excited!!

Thanks for reading my post.

lauren04
Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:25 AM
George in NY

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dawn Penthouse Suite

Sandy, Will look forward to hearign all about it when you return. By the way, I guess I write it in a confused way. Those at that website are not my pictures. I meant that I also have numerous photo's I took of Garden Suite area. I din't know who produces that website with 360 photo's but pictures are very accurate.

George in NY
Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:27 AM
George in NY

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Dawn Penthouse Suite

Lauren,

What categorey or cabin number do you have? There aer many different categoreys that vary on this ship.

George in NY