Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Passenger

Default supplies

We are cruising to Alaska on the Norwegian Sky in May 2004. I am already working on my packing list. Will the bathroom have shampoo and soap like hotels do? Are the pillows decent? I hate a flat or too full a pillow. Thanks for any advice you can give. This is our first cruise. Been waiting many years for this.

Old October 16th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: supplies

They have a shampoo and soap gel dispenser in the shower. I don't think it is a conditioning shampoo (I don't have enough hair left to notice ). The pillows were fine and you can ask for some more if you need them. I also think there was a soap gel dispenser at the bathroom sink. You get little bottles of lotion. Make sure to take a jacket for walking around on deck at that time. It can still be cool there.
Old October 17th, 2003, 03:24 PM
debi647

Default Re: Re: supplies

bring your own shampoo and definately bring a conditioner(no conditioner is provided)......I also brought my own bar of soap, and was glad I did, as the shop dispenser in the shower is pretty crummy soap (hard to get up any suds).
The hair dryers were very good (but I have fine hair)
Pillows were perfect, and there are extra pillows in the cabin (but I didn't find them necessary)
Funny thing though, on the Dawn in Sept. There was no top sheet.....I thought it was odd, but the comforter was so nice and soft, that you didn't miss the top sheet
If I could give one piece of advise....pack light. We found that with Free style dinning, the dress code was VERY casual.....you can go casual even on formal night if you so choose, and still have a lovely sit down dinner in your choice of the remaining 2 dinning rooms. I brought dresses that I never even put on...if I had it to do over I would be able to leave a whole suitcase home
Old October 17th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Dan P

I have been on 23 cruises and if you want bar soap or conditioner you can ask your room steward and they will help you out.
We will be going on the Dawn out of New York on November 02 and if we need anything believe me We will ask for it.
Old October 19th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Passenger

dan p you are my idol 23 cruises--im hal way there and hope to catch up=which cruise line is the best -
Old October 20th, 2003, 09:32 PM
el henry

Default Re: Re: supplies

I was on the Dawn recently. As the previous poster said, they supply shampoo but bring conditioner. I thought the gel soap was fine, but my mother did not, and she appreciated the bar of nice perfumed soap I brought<G>(based on other postings on cruise-related boards)

Also, based on previous readings on this or some other board, I loaded up on the wire hangers from the dry cleaners. This was a good suggestion, as there are really not enough drawers, so you may be hanging items you don't normally (I don't normally hang up my nightgowns or pjs!) Then you can leave the hangers there.

Except remember that empty hangers jingle on the last night of your cruise ...

el henry