Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2003, 12:05 PM
Andrea995

Default Norwegian Dawn excursion

My husband and I are leaving on the Dawn on 10/26. I am excited and a little nervous. Never cuised before! We are intending to try to see the Kennedy Space Center at the Port Canaveral stop. Has anyone done this? What is the best way to get there?

Thanks for any advice.

~Andrea
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2003, 12:49 PM
Tony1477

Default Re: Norwegian Dawn excursion

The space center was very cool but , your there too long. I would say to try something else. I really don't think it was worth the 68.00( and I was looking forward to going there). After a couple of hours my girlfriend and I took a cab back because we couldn't wait anylonger for the bus. And we were not the only ones who did so.
Old October 25th, 2003, 11:10 PM
el henry

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Dawn excursion

My parents and I took a cab to KSC and back, precisely because we did not want to be *anywhere* away from the ship for seven hours<G>, and that was all NCL offered. I am not a space buff at all, and I was quite impressed, but four hours was quite enough (unless you are an IMAX movie or simulated space ride fiend).

The cab ride was $40 each way and admission was $28 per person, so it was not that much cheaper than the NCL excursion, but we got back in time for the Indian buffet!

el herny
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Alayna

Default Re: Norwegian Dawn excursion

You could also rent a car. There's an Avis location at the port.