Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 03:53 PM
George in NY

Default AF versus AF

Okay I liked the Dawn enough that I just booked her for next month again. Sailing from NY to warm weather in November just too much to pass up. With all the photo's I took of cabins and so forth I find that I have a question none the less. The AG and AF mini-suites would appear identical on deck 11 and although the AG's are aft so are many so why the different categorey? They both appear to be under Garden Cafe and nothing that would appear to be a problem is readily apparent by deck plans.

Anyone know an answer????

Booked 11186

George in NY - Just back from Dawn - heck - going again why not life is short and winter is coming.

[http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/dawnrev.htm]
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2003, 04:50 PM
rita w

Default Re: AF versus AF

They say no big deal if you get up EARLY. The carts used in the buffet can be heard overhead at 6 or so. I don't know about that first hand but read it on Cruise Critic or here, possibly both. The other noise from above would be from the pool deck but who can say till you are the ones in those rooms.
Old October 28th, 2003, 06:28 AM
George in NY

Default Re: Re: AF versus AG

Rita,
Thank you for your reply. We stayed in mini-suite 11570 earlier in month which was under the pool area. There it was obvious when early morning crews started moving around chairs and tables. Worse were the deck parties while in Florida since band could be clearly heard and felt reviberberating until midnight or so. Me I can sleep through anything so no matter.

The AG's should actually be better in that regard than more than half the AF's I read on cruisemates review of ship that last 12 cabins have some sort of angle to deck divider that makes them less private than you might wish but this doesn't make sense either since only 4 cabins are designated AG.

Guess I will have to be the test dummy. Booked it for next month and we shall see. If I don't get tired of this ship too fast I may go every month just to get a touch of warm air every few weeks.

George in NY