Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2003, 10:06 PM
NJmatt

Default Norwegian Dawn cabins

To those that have sailed on the Dawn....what were the cabins like,including the outside balconied cabins....comments please,thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Norwegian Dawn cabins

We were in a mini-suite and it was very nice. Plenty of room for just the two of us. The balcony was big enough and had two recliner beach type chairs on it. The bathroom was larger than any we've had before. The toilet is set off by a sliding glass door and there was a tub/shower with sliding glass door also. Only two not-very-deep drawers, but lot's of shelf space and plenty of hangars in the large closet. Each room has a fridge, TV, safe, and a good hair dryer. The beds were very comfortable and we could easily store our luggage underneath. We were very satisfied with our room.
Old October 30th, 2003, 08:45 AM
First Mate

I also recommend that you spend the extra $$ and get a balcony room - it is SO worth it. : ) Enjoy your cruise!
Old October 30th, 2003, 08:47 PM
debi647

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Dawn cabins

OK I am gonna go out on a limb here...I have heard people say that once you have a balcony cabin you will never want to go back to an inside room....but I wouldn't mind in the least. ..We have sailed the celebrity Zenith, in an inside cabin, and this Sept sailed on the Dawn,(Cabin#10218) where we took (pd $100pp) an upgrade to a balcony cabin. My husband loved the balcony....and while I thought it was nice, we both agreed that unless we were given the opportunity to upgrade for the same money, we would still go with the inside cabin.
I found the balcony to be rather small...2 regular chairs and a little plastic table
I didn't spend enough time in the cabin to make the full balcony prices worth the $$$
I found that I slept better with the inside cabin (nice and dark).

Don't get me wrong....I was very happy with the price we ended up paying for the balcony, but I wouldn't go out of my way to specifically book another balcony again.
The Dawn was a beautiful ship, and I would go again as soon as I can

Debbie
Old October 30th, 2003, 11:19 PM
NJmatt

Default Re: Re: Re: Norwegian Dawn cabins

Thanks for everyone;s replies...the inside cabins on Zenith are rather nice as they are on other Celebrity ships I have been on and they can be quite cozy.
Old October 31st, 2003, 10:10 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Norwegian Dawn cabins

To each their own but I loved having the balcony cabin and unless I was on a ship that didn't have them, I will always get one. Just being able to look out over the ocean while you are at sea in the comfort and quiet of your own cabin is so nice.
Old November 1st, 2003, 08:16 PM
rita w

I have never had a balcony but can't wait till the lucky day I am upgraded to one. I probably would never spend the dough but i do very much NEED an outside, at least. I really could get along but I like knowing when it is day and night. My other fear is that when I finally get that balc I will never go back.
Oh well, I am so into ship life I can't really stand to be in my room for longer than it takes to sleep, shower and dress.