Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2003, 01:55 PM
yvonne

Default Anyone Cruising NCL Dawn April 25, 2004

I am posting another message, I realized that on my last message I mistakenly typed "cruising April of 2003", I meant 2004. We are traveling w/children ages 3-11. We are first time cruisers. Just wondering if anyoneelse will be sailing on that date w/kids.
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2003, 03:30 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Anyone Cruising NCL Dawn April 25, 2004

I'll just miss you - I'll be getting off as you're getting on!
Old October 31st, 2003, 09:48 AM
yvonne

Default Re: Re: Anyone Cruising NCL Dawn April 25, 2004

525600, I guess I won't even get a chance to chat w/you on how your trip went, since I'll be embarking while your disembarking.

Did you know that if your fare price drops any, NCL reimburses the difference to you. So keep a check on the fares and let your agent (and I) know if any thing changes. I will do likewise. What type of room did you book? Traveling w/kids? First time?...
Old October 31st, 2003, 10:09 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone Cruising NCL Dawn April 25, 2004

I didn't know that! Thanks for letting me know. Is it also true if you booked through Travelocity?!

We are booked on category BB (deck 9). We were on this cruise in May and loved it so I am taking my 6 year old niece this time. She is from China and has never been to Disney World.

You are going to love this cruise! : )
Old November 5th, 2003, 01:15 PM
yvonne

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone Cruising NCL Dawn April 25, 2004

525600, I'm pretty sure this applies to Travelocity too, I booked mine thru Cruise Holidays. I was told to check NCL's prices against yours and if the fare drops let your agent know and they will recoup the difference.

I am also booked on the 9th deck BB suites. Gald to hear that you are doing a return sail. I am so looking forward to this that everytime I read something negative it is so disheartening. I have 3 kids and vacations are exhausting, this is why my husband and I opted for this one. We live in Jersey and all we have to do is drive to NYC park, and board the ship. I was told they have many activities to keep all the kids occupied so hubby and I can have some time to ourselves. Is that really possible???

How's the boat if you hit rough waters?
Old November 6th, 2003, 01:06 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone Cruising NCL Dawn April 25, 2004

Hi Yvonne:

Thanks again for letting me know about the price adjustment. I will have to keep my eye on that. You are going to love having a balcony room. I can never go back to not having one. We are in cabin 9062.

There is a club onboard called the "Kids Crew" and I believe you can drop them off for a few hours after breakfast and after lunch so you and your husband can have time to swim, sunbathe, etc. They also have group babysitting in the evening (from 10pm -1pm) for a small additional charge. You can go on NCL.com and look up more info on the kids crew. I am taking my 6 year old niece so I've been researching the kids crew info for her.

We had a couple rough nights at sea when we went and it wasn't bad at all. This ship has stabilizers (which I'm not quite sure if they stabilize the ship as well as ships without them because I sailed the NCL Sea (which doesn't have stabilizers) 2 years ago and we were in a storm and it wasn't bad at all). I love the rough seas (luckily, none of us suffer from sea sickness) so the rockier, the better. So, in retrospect, maybe I am not the best person to ask! : )

Their private island is great too - thats my favorite day on the cruise. Make sure you snorkle and go out between the two big rocks (you'll know what I mean when you see it).