Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Spencer O'Leary

Default NCL Bus from Boston, Providence or vicinity

Question about disembarkation for anyone who has used the NCL bus service. About what time did you board the bus to get home? Where you one of the last ones off the boat?
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: NCL Bus from Boston, Providence or vicinity

The buses (we came from Allentown, PA) are the first ones off after the Express Debarkation (folks who carry all their luggage off with them). Just be aware that the buses will be in the building next to the ship. We wandered up and down the sidewalk for about 15 minutes before finding someone who could tell us where they were. Once you find them, the buses were clearly marked with their destinations. The drivers have a list and once everyone is on board, they leave. It was very smooth.
Old November 20th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Parrot Mom

We took the bus from Providence for the NCL Sea (also picked up for the Dawn) and was VERY impressed with NCL and that service.. When we arrived at the port somebody got on board and said I think for $2.00 per person they would handle all the luggage. The gentleman collected the $$$ as we left the bus... The next time we saw the luggage was outside our room. When we left the ship we found our luggage, found a longshoremman...he checked our name and our bus # and took us right to the bus. Luggage was loaded according to our destination on the way back.. Very impressed with the embarking people of NCL in NY as well as Boston..and this was the week they had to tell us we were going to Canada instead of Bermuda..lol As soon as everybody was on the bus we left to go back home.
Old November 20th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Spencer O'Leary

Thanks for the info! What time did you get home, Parrotmom?
Old November 20th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Parrot Mom

Dhttp://www.cruisemates.com/MBindex/blank.gifon't remember exactly, but we are an hour from Providence...probably about 4 or 5 p.m. what with having to stop and let off passengers in two other spots.... There was a huge traffic tie up in Connecticut coming back...huge.. My husband doesn't want to do it again (at least thats what he says now)...that is take the bus from Providence to NYC.. Supposedly you could take a bus from downtown Boston for the Dawn, but not the Sea....The NCL Supervisor explained that they didn't want to interfer with the Majesty people... We are so spoiled by taking ships from Boston...or what we did the year before was fly to London and take the Brilliance of the Seas back to Boston(I'll take NCL anytime after my experience on that ship).. We had vowed that we wouldn't cruise from Miami...again... the hassle of flying down, doing a pre-cruise and then the being told to wait on the bus by the longshoremen until almost 4:00 p.m. before we were allowed to embark.. who needs that grief..Oh yes.. they reminded us to "not forget them" , i.e. tip them) We did that on our first cruise and I hated the experience..then twice we flew to Atlanta and then to Aruba to pick up ships....but that was long ago.

You must be from the Boston area? We are going to the Vacation OUtlet travel show in January and I'm going to talk to the NCL supervisor... They are giving us grief... First we wanted to fly to London and take the Spirit of America back to Boston... they tell us they aren't taking passengers.. Now we want to take the Spirit to NYC from Boston ....stay on the ship and cruise down to Miami and stopping along the way at some great ports.. Nope, they say we have to get off the ship for two days in NYC....