Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Passenger

Default Sky 1/18/04 MrTractor Sails From the Penthouse to the Outhou

We are booked on the Sky for the second time. First time was three years ago in January. This is the first ship we have ever sailed for a second time! And that's out of 17 cruises! Although it sails out of San Juan which is a little more expensive, we just couldn't resist the deal. Less than $700 for two including all port AND taxes AND fees. I'm still working on airfare, but I'm guessing I'll get that pretty reasonably, too!

Anyone else going that week????

MrTractor<--------is gonna keep cruising until he just can't cruise no more!!!!!.............
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Sky 1/18/04 MrTractor Sails From the Penthouse to the Ou

Oops. Sorry. I didn't mention why I said "From the Penthouse to the Outhouse." I didn't want you to think I was referring to the Sky as an "outhouse."

It's because we just returned from a cruise in a penthouse cabin on the Radiance of the Seas -and we are now booked in an inside guarantee! It's gonna be a loooooong way down. But the Sky is such a great ship, we're still gonna have a ball!!!

MrTractor
Old December 4th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Passenger

Oops. Sorry. I didn't mention why I said "From the Penthouse to the Outhouse." I didn't want you to think I was referring to the Sky as an "outhouse."

It's because we just returned from a cruise in a penthouse cabin on the Radiance of the Seas -and we are now booked in an inside guarantee! It's gonna be a loooooong way down. But the Sky is such a great ship, we're still gonna have a ball!!!

MrTractor
Old December 7th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Passenger

Just got our cabin assignment. Upgraded to II on deck 10. I guess we'll still have water splashing on the walls of our cabin. It'll just be pool water!

MrTractor<-------is getting lonesome out here!.................
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Tweek

Default Re: Re: Sky 1/18/04 MrTractor Sails From the Penthouse to th

Mr. Tractor,

Let me know how your cruise went. We are cruising on the Sky on 1/25/04 and just can't wait. We love NCL and freestyle cruising. What ports did you go to and just curious about cabin assignment. When we booked, we said we wanted an inside cabin and we were told we are guaranteed a cabin assignment when boarding. Question: How do they know where to take your luggage then? Usually you know your cabin number before sailing and put it on your luggage tags. Ever experienced this?

Thanks,

Tweek
Old December 14th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Shoreguy

Tweek

If you go online and check your NCL pre-registration you can find your cabin number when it is assigned. Just enter your booking number, ship, date and name and the summary page will pop up. When you first registered the cabin was GDT by now it should be a cabin number.

If you don't have a cabin number before you depart they will have it at the pier. Just update your tags with the cabin number then.

Enjoy the Sky
Old December 29th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Sky 1/18/04 MrTractor Sails From the Penthouse t

Tweek,
I'll be glad to tell you about the cruise, but you'll have to be on the gangway when I leave if you want to hear about it before you embark!

Stan and Helen are staying on the ship for that week, too.

Bon Voyage!
MrTractor
Old December 29th, 2003, 02:26 PM
HeySailor

We just had a ball on the Sky earlier this month, on what was probably the same itinerary (Southern Caribbean, or perhaps you're doing the Exotic Southern Caribbean). We had an inside cabin on Deck 10 and it was fine--short on storage, but since you're a veteran cruiser you know how to deal with that. The Sky cruise is just fantastic. Enjoy yourselves!

Am I imaging it, or did I see a review from you somewhere, Mr. Tractor, that said you didn't like the Sun? We're taking it through the Panama Canal in April and I'm collecting impressions. It appears to be almost identical to the Sky, but with more restaurant options and slightly larger cabins.
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Passenger

HeySailor,
I think you may have been misled if you heard I didn't like the Sun. I loved the Sun and was pretty close to sailing her again last time and then this time. Until an offer I couldn't refuse came up on the Sky.

In fact, I've never had a cruise I didn't like. It's just that some are better than others.

You may want to check my review of the Sun on CruiseReviews.com.

The review you may be refering to could be the Radiance of the Seas. There were some things that did not meet our expectations, but all in all we had a lot of fun. I'm pretty opinionated when it comes to what I want out of a cruise. That one is posted on CruiseReviews.com, too, along with the Dawn and the Sun.

This is our second time around on the Sky, so we know pretty much what to expect. Gonna have some fun and come back with a tan and some more stories to tell.....

MrTractor