Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Mark Calkin

Default Upgrading room on Board

I've tried to upgrade my room for the past 3 months, but NCL was unwilling to make a fair exchange (i.e. if the brochure rate was $50 higher - they wanted $200/person). What chance do I have to upgrade when I come on board. I would think that they would want extra money, i.e. a lower level cabin is empty and they are getting a little bit more for what would have been a empty one. Common sense hasn't worked with them so far. What strategy should I use on board or are they simply unbending. I'm on the Crown on 28 December. This cruise had a latitude promotion ($200/person) that expired (apparently on Aug. 31). My expectation was that they would honor that promotion when I do an upgrade. On board, I'm going to try for suite that has a brochure rate $1000 higher than my current cabin. What should I offer? (I thinking of about $100)
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2003, 07:48 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly
Default Re: Upgrading room on Board

I do not know who you are dealing with at NCL re: the upgrade, if you are using a traditional or on=line TA or how full your ship already is. All of these affect your ablity to deal directly with NCL. We have had good luck with their "reassignment" desk. We upgraded from the lowest inside to a promenade deck OV for $100/pp for a 9 day cruise. their # 800-625-4309.

Let me know how it goes.
Old December 17th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Beginner

I'm having the same problem. They won't let me keep the $100 shipboard credit they gave us when we booked. We're in a D and want to upgrade to at least a balcony.It's an extra $280.in their pocket but they want me to give up the shipboard credit because that promotion is not in anymore. All the other c/l I've sailed on were more than happy to take the extra cash for an upgrade. Maybe NCL is making enough with all the extras.
We're cruising the Dawn on 2/22. Good luck.
Old January 5th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Beginner

I worked through my travel agent and they were able to get me "reassigned" 4 more categories up from my oringal booking for only $81/person and with a "Guarantee" -- which means I have a possibility to be booked to an even higher category of a cabin.

One catch is that they typically print documents 4 weeks in advance, and once they print the documents you would have to pay an add'tl $50/person change fee.

Good Luck to anyone who tries this method.
Old January 5th, 2004, 09:08 PM
cruise?

NCL just upgraded me for free. I just got word that on the 03-06-04 WIND i have been upgraded. When I look at the prices, it is a $1000 upgrade. the best part is the cabin is GUARANTEED!!!
Old January 6th, 2004, 05:45 AM
roddee

Default Re: Re: Upgrading room on Board

We were upgraded for free as well, for our cruise next week. We booked a K guarantee and wound up with an II and it isn't in the very front of the ship, which we were worried about. You never know where they will stick you, if you book a guarantee. It may be in the worst cabin in the ship, but at least the catagory you booked. We did upgrade on the Wind for Alaska, but they charged us somewhere around $100 apiece to do so. So, you never can tell how or why they will do things.
Old January 6th, 2004, 09:12 AM
cruise?

Default Re: Re: Re: Upgrading room on Board

roddee,

that is for sure. you just never can tell. the other 2 couples that we are going with only got moved up to the f cabin, where we got the ff cabin. luck of the draw i guess.
Old January 6th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Passenger

HI,

I noticed in your reply to someone that you are cruising on 2/22 out of NYC. Any concerns about the weather that time of year.(ie rough seas)?

I am supposed to be going the following week and have mixed feelings. Can you give me any advice?

Jackie
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Susan from Missouri

I also have a guaranteed room. How did you find out what your cabin is this early and how did you get an upgrade?