Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Juliet

Default Norwegian Majesty 12/04

I see on this board, there aren't a lot of people sailing the Majesty. I'm going on my first cruise next year, in exactly 365 days, but who's counting? If there's anyone out there that's sailed the Majesty out of Charleston SC, I'd love to hear from you. Don't worry, I'm ready to hear negative comments about 1/3 of the time, I've read the reviews, but willing to take my chances anyway. I love the idea of the free style cruising, and are keeping my expectation on the low side. Since it's my first time out, I'm thinking just about everything will have to be a let down to ruin this for me. I've always wanted to go to Mexico and I get 2 other ports to boot. I just booked today, so needless to say I'm pretty excited.
Juliet
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Norwegian Majesty 12/04

taking this cruise 4/10
Old December 13th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Juliet

Dean, a man of few words....

You'll have to give me a review when you get back. And don't worry I can take it, if you come back with a few negatives. Do you know what you'll be doing at the ports? Seeing Cozumel is a dream for me, I can't wait.
Juliet
Old December 13th, 2003, 11:48 AM
tigerlilycruiser2

I have been on the majesty 6 times out of Boston to bermunda and i have never had a bad cruise. I enjoyed the food the crew and all the majesty has to offer. the ship is very clean and everyone seems happy. I think this will be great for your first cruise. it is not a mega liner but you will have a great time. I have read negatives about this ship and never experienced any. sure it is not perfect and some people complain if their toast is cook too much. Do not worry and keep looking forward to you cruise. i am sure you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old December 13th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Parrot Mom

Obviously the above poster and I are big fans of the Majesty..we've done it nine times to Bermuda fro Boston and expect to do it this June again.. The ship as of right now unless somebody knows differently needs refurbishing. The stafff is wonderful.. it's not a mega ship and easy to get around.. We really are big Majesty fans.. Where ar eyou heading to in Mexico?
Old December 13th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Juliet

Our stops after 2 days at sea will be Grand Cayman, Cozumel and then Key West. I've never had a cheese burger in paradise, and as simple as that sounds, I can't wait! I'm never going to be able to wait until Dec of NEXT year. I'm so glad to hear from a couple of people who sing Majesty's praises. I hear ya with the complainers who will just complain, and I tried to imagine that some complaints were just people who are hard to please. Also people who try free style cruising and just don't like it. I look forward to the casual atmosphere and no set dinner time. In this house we eat some nights at 5, some at 8. We are free stylers at heart, so I think we'll do just fine. Even if the ship is showing some age, as long as I have a/c when needed, and a hot shower daily, they'd really have to mess up to make me not like this vacation.
Thanks for the responses, all
Juliet
Old December 17th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dj

My husband and I are sailing on the Majesty this Saturday for the Christmas week cruise, so will tell you all about it when we return! This will be our 7th cruise and 4th on NCL and we are looking forward to it very much. We basically chose it because it's only a short drive to Charleston from our house in NC (4.5 hours) and last Christmas we drove to Tampa to take the Nordic Empress......wonderful cruise, but more than twice the drive. This will be our first experience with Freestyle Cruising, but I've heard mostly good things about it and hints on when to try to avoid lines for dinner. Have a great holiday everyone and I'll write when we return and let you know how the trip went.
Old December 17th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Majesty 12/04

Hi DJ,
Me and my family leave out for this cruise on Saturday like you. Maybe I'll see you aboard! I'll be the one smoking a cigar!
Archie
Old December 20th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

I live in Charleston!!! , just wanted to say that. One of my parents friends went on it. We would but prefer a more structured agenda, and not the whole Freestyle thing. The port is like Downtown Charleston and full of history and SHOPPING!!! great stores. Enjoy the city, i may run into you shopping lol

Rob
Old December 31st, 2003, 11:07 AM
Passenger

We are also going 4/10. We choosed this cruise for the price. and Freestyle However, the flight to Charleston is so expensive (>$370), we will do the 13 hour drive.
I do not expect too much as these ports you often have to tender (ie, if bad weather, you stay on board)
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:05 PM
Jacki

We liked the Majesty very much. So much so we are sailing again this August back to Bermuda. Check out my review from '02. It's under the wrong date because we actually went in May. You will really like ship.