Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Jessica Page

Default Just back from the Dream

I submitted a review but that may not post for a few days....what a wonderful cruise it was GREAT!! the ship looked lovely and the staff and crew were the best EVER....would I cruise the Dream again??.........in a flash...sign me up!!
Also...as far a cruising with babies...my 7mth old loved it, the passengers loved him, the crew wanted to adopt him!!! and our maitre d Florin from Romania was so delightful I may cruise another ship just to be in his resteraunt again...there were 4 adults and one baby and all had an AMAZING time.
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Re: Just back from the Dream

Hi: COuld you please tell me if they had a Bingo on the Dream and if you had to pay extra for the Cafes such as the coffee cafe, etc...thanks so much and looking forward as my sisters and I are leaving on 1/11... Never cruised with NCL before...could you e-mail me at gannab5@charter.net thanks so much
Old January 1st, 2004, 10:33 AM
DebbieBruna

Jessica,

Happy to hear your trip was wonderful! We are sailing on the dream January 25, 2004.

How were formal nights on board? Should we take my husband's Tux? We don't want lug it if he'd be one of only a few wearing them.
Old January 5th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Jessica Page

Default Re: Re: Just back from the Dream

There are 2 formal nights but most people just waer a jacket and tie so if you don't want to bring a tux that is an option!! Happy sailing!!
Old January 5th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Chip R

Thanks for the post regarding the NCL Dream. We booked a trip for 2/8/2004 and hadn't seen much in the way of good news for this ship. We booked it through a travel auction site because the itinerary and dates matched our schedules. We would like to know any other information you could offer. Thanks
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Jessica Page

Chip....do you want more info on the ship or ports? I would be happy to help!
Old January 10th, 2004, 06:03 PM
R&S

We go on the March 14th sailing of the Dream. We are very excited! Glad to hear your cruise went so well. This will be our second cruise with NCL.

Old January 12th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Chip Rowland

Jessica,
I was interested in what there was to do on board and any excursions y'all might have taken. This is my first cruise so I wasn't sure what to expect.
Thanks,
Chip
Old January 15th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Jessica Page

There is loads to do on board...dance lessons bingo art auctions wine tasting quiz shows...loads...I didn't take any excursions as we wanted to do our own thing but there are many tours that the cruiseline offers such as swimming with dolphins cave tubing and city tours...this info will come with your tickets but I think you can go online and book ahead of time. I would recomend though that if you are just looking at going to a beach for the day you arrange it yourself as usually it is cheaper.
Old January 16th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Captain

Thinking of going in Nov on the Dream. What was Belize and Roatan like.....haven't heard much about those stops? What is there to do there?
Also is there alot of fun things to do on the ship....we just took the Conquest last year and had a wonderful time, but want to go to different ports this trip. Any info appreciated.
Jo

Sensation

Old January 18th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Beginner

With regard to bingo and coffee, the answers are 'Yes' and 'Yes'.
They have bingo most afternoons, and you most definitely pay for any beverage, including coffee, wherever beverages are being served -- except, of course, in a dining room in which coffee is part of the meal service.
Old January 18th, 2004, 05:26 PM
william love

just got back from a wonderful trip on the dream both my wife and myself had a splendid time . met some nice people royce and his wife and louis and his wife. sorry we did not get your email address thanks for letting us tag along with you on the city tours best of luck to you. bill and christine love
Old January 19th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Teressa

We just came back off of the dream on 1-11-04. We had a wonderful time. I suggest in belize to take the catamaran/snorkel...It is $59 a person, but they take you snorkeling and them you have complimentary run punch afterwards. And might I ad if you drink to much it will sneak up on you.
We went to the salt and pepper in Roatan. I probably wouldnt recommend going there. They will be at the ship when you arrive, you cant book it on board. They told us in a email ahead of time that we would have full use of the beach, and all non motorized sports. They also said the first drink for everyone was complimentary. Well guess what, there were no non motorized sports, the beach for there little club was probably only 30ft wide....we kayaked but had to walk down a ways to rent from other people. They also said we would be taken to go snorkel for $20 a person. There was NOONE there to take us snorkeling. They forgot that we were suppose to receive a complimentary drink. They did serve a lobster dinner that was good, but that was it. So when you go to roatan I would book something through the cruise line, or just shop.
But the norwegian ship was fun....any questions just email me I would be glad to answer.
Teressa
Old January 22nd, 2004, 01:45 PM
Passenger

Teressa,
So glad to hear you enjoyed the ship. I had read some not so great reviews and got concerned...mostly because I was trying to decide between two ships with very similar itineraries and only read the negative things AFTER I booked NCL.

Was there one or two formal nights? What do you recommend as a must do?