Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Jennifer Palazzo

Default Did you bring alcohol aboard the Dawn?

Hi,

Taking our honeymoon aboard the Dawn this January and we'd like to bring on some wine. I've heard mixed reviews on this idea. If you sailed the Dawn lately and brought on alcohol, how did it go?

Thanks
Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Did you bring alcohol aboard the Dawn?

Hi....Just got off of the dawn this past Sunday - I suggest not - I had a 12 pack of beer & that piece of luggage went to a separate room & I received a note in my cabin to pick it up @ certain hours in a room on floor #12 where staff went thru the luggage with gloves on.....Trust me, I wasnt the only 1 there......This room had more booze in it then a typical bar.............So I wouldnt do it again, it wasnt worth the delay of holding up my luggage for 4 hours...

Although Carnival does allow wine that MUST go to the dining area for dinner.....Didnt see that on the Dawn tho.....Enjoy & have a great honeymoon !
Old December 19th, 2003, 06:22 AM
cfergie

Default Re: Did you bring alcohol aboard the Dawn?

We were on the dawn 11/30. We did bring about 5 bottles of wine. We just wrapped them in bubble wrap and packed them in our suitecase. We have done this before with no problem. I hear there is a problem with beer or the hard stuff. Maybe we were lucky but we have done this four times. Actually on the Sun we packed a couple in our overnight bag and they pulled it out and looked at how made the wine and then put it back in. Hope that helps.