Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Beginner

Default Pride of America 12/5/04

I'm booked for the 7 night cruise out of Honolulu on the NCL Pride of America departing on 12/5/04. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who's booked on that date and from those of you who will cruise on her after she launches next Spring. I've never been to Hawaii and I've never cruised on NCL. Any hints or tips would be welcome!
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2003, 09:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Pride of America 12/5/04

I'm on Pride of America August 8, 2004. I've never cruised Hawaii but I've been to the islands twice.

If you are coming from almost anywhere in the USA except the West coast I would suggest coming at least two days early. That time difference is huge and will have an impact on your body. You don't to spend the first days of your cruise adapting.

Also, I'm planning on renting a car for the time we're on Maui. Since you are there overnight, you will have a chance to really experience this island, and the only way to do so is by car. Its also probably cheaper than a tour.
Old December 27th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Pride of America 12/5/04

Thanks for the reply! I am flying into Honolulu 2 days before the cruise so that I can get used to the time change and to do some sightseeing on Oahu. I hadn't thought about renting a car, but that is something else to consider. I've been reading up on the places I want to see when I'm there but renting a car would give me the opportunity to see some of the "off the beaten path" parts of Hawaii.

Enjoy your trip and, if you think about it, give a review when you get back.
Old January 8th, 2004, 01:19 AM
hostess

Default Re: Re: Re: Pride of America 12/5/04

Hi We are booked on pride of America July 17, 2004. I will let you know how it is, We have cruised ncl before had it was great, so I am expecting better from a ship ship and us crew. Aloha, Tami
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:09 AM
david templar

hi i'm on the pride on 3rd july in hawaii for fundraising event done 20 cruises so far 1 on ncl from southampton to new york. did the old golden princess from honolulu to tahiti in 96 loved it did all the islans kauai waas very windy so had to do maui 1st. looking forward to this one
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:28 AM
stampinqueen

We're on the June 20 Pride of America from San Francisco to Hawaii. We will post a review somewhere soon after we get back! Can't wait! Less than 6 months now! WooHoo!!!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:38 AM
Juan

Check with NCL, folks. I don't know if you know this, but the Pride of America foundered in the port... will probably not be ready for any sailings this summer. My wife and I are booked for a Xmas Hawaii cruise, and we hope that the America will be sailing by then.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 10:48 AM
Donna Hill

Yes, Juan is correct, you should check with your travel agent (or the cruise line if you booked directly). I think I read that the Pride of Aloha is being substituted for the Pride of America, but that's a different ship and may not be an acceptable substitute to some passengers. We went on a Hawaii cruise a couple of years ago, and this is a fabulous area to cruise, so I hope you have a great time.

Good luck,
Donna
Old January 22nd, 2004, 11:29 AM
Juan

<sigh> Yeah... I certainly hope the America is ready for our Christmas cruise. I am sure we will have a great time regardless of the ship; however, we were really looking forward to the new ship. Anyway, I am "keeping my eyes and ears open" for any news.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:36 PM
hostess

we are booked on pride of America in July, we have'nt heard anything yet, but ncl tells me they will call us in the next few days to offer us to move over to pride of Aloha. We were excited about the new ship also, we have already sailed on the Sky to Alaska, so a little disappointed, but Hawaii is beautiful. We will wait and see. Happy sailing to all!