Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Thea

Default 1/04/04 cruise

This was my first cruise. I would like to compare it to a smaller cruise ship, this one seemed so huge! I had a problem with always being surrounded by so many people! And the Garden Cafe, good as the food was, wore thin very soon. The feeding frenzy atmosphere there was hard to take, people piling their plates with so much food that so often ended up uneaten, as they went off to find something else. We also had very noisy people in the cabin next to us. We loved the Freestyle dining, and the selection of restaurants, even for us vegetarians. Would love to hear comments from other people on this cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Patrickatsea

Default Re: 1/04/04 cruise

Hey Thea,
We returned from the Dawn on 1/04/04. I totally agree with you about the Garden Cafe.
we often spoke about amongst each other about people piling the food on and leaving most of it!!!!
We also had very noisy people in the cabin above us. But other than those dissapointments, overall, we were very happy with the cruise, the weather was perfect for us at every port and the sea's were very calm the entire trip!!!!!
Old January 17th, 2004, 11:45 AM
First Mate

Default Re: 1/04/04 cruise

Thea, I guess Patrick answered my question: what ship? As for smaller versus larger that is simply a personal thing. I actually prefer the ships that hold about 2000. They have more to offer, but aren't as impersonal as the ones that can handle 2500 or more. The garden cafe situation is typical for all ships buffets. They do get boring after awhile huh? As for wasting of food, what a shame. For those of us oldsters we remember the words of our moms and dads after the 2nd World war: "eat you bread, the kids in China are starving" Guess we have learned not to waste food. I don't understand why people don't take just a taste, they can go back later for more if they choose. The only time I leave much when eating in a buffet is if the item is down right yucky!! Interesting about the noisy neighbors: we were on the Sky last January and happen to have a cabin with the connecting doors which always makes the sounds carry more. Our neighbors were a young couple with friends in another cabin. We could hear almost every word. Lucky for us they were not noisey or late night partiers.

Nita