Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Brenda66

Default NCL Wind - April 10, 2004

Hi! Is anyone sailing on this date? This is our first cruise and we are pretty excited about it! Would love to hear from anyone that might be onboard with us - maybe you can tell me about some of your experiences - Have you sailed on the Wind before? Look forward to hearing from others!

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2004, 09:16 PM
cruise?

Default Re: NCL Wind - April 10, 2004

I WILL BE ON THE WIND ON 03-06-04, THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST AS WELL. I WILL BE SURE TO POST ALL OF THE GREAT THINGS THAT WE ENCOUNTER ON OUR TRAVELS ON THE WIND.

P.S.- I WILL ALSO POST ANY OF THE BAD THINGS, WE JUST HOPE THERE WON'T BE ANY OF THEM!!!!!

KEN KELLER
Old January 19th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie

Just booked the Wind for April 10-17. Could not resist the deal out there. We are in our mid 40's and will also be traveling with my aunt and uncle who are in their 70's.
Old January 24th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Brenda66

Default Re: Re: NCL Wind - April 10, 2004

Hi Maggie! Looks like we will be cruisemates! My friend and I are both teachers in northern Alberta - this is our spring break time. Neither of us has been on a cruise before, so we are pretty excited! Let me know if you and your family would like to meet onboard for a drink or dinner - it would be nice to know we have someone to say "hi" to!

Brenda
Old January 28th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Bob Chulack

Ken, my wife and I will also be on board for the 3/6 cruise. Been on two previousl cruises first time with NCL. Looking forward to some good weather. Here in Pittsburgh it has been snow, snow........and more snow. 36 days and counting.
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:57 PM
First Mate

We'll be on the Wind's 4/10 cruise too, along with our two daughters, and my dad and stepmother!!

Carrie
Old February 18th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Brenda66

Hi! Still looking to find others on this cruise - so far there appears to only be about 10 of us! Ha! Ha! Maybe we'll have the boat to ourselves!

I am hoping to get some info on excursions from others that have been there...

Any recommendations for Stingray City in Grand Cayman?

Anything to do in Roatan?

Best ruins visits in Belize?

What to do in Cozumel?

How far is it from the airport to the pier in Miami? What is the best way to get there?

Thanks for any help you can give!!

Brenda :-)
Old March 6th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Brenda66

Getting Closer - Only 34 more days! Still haven't heard back on any of my questions, so please post me if you can give me some suggestions/help! Am still wondering if anyone else is going to be on the ship! Ha! Ha!

Brenda66
Old March 6th, 2004, 10:22 PM
boubie

brenda66- I haven't been on the NCL wind but... We did go on a cruise last year that went to cozumel and grand cayman........ I can tell you that we didn't go on the stingray city excursion in GC , but I sure wish we had, everyone said it was wonderful. We did a turtle farm and beach excursion that was horrible!! In Cozumel we went snorkeling for the first time and it was great! I'm not sure what the name of the excursion is, but it was snorkeling off shore , and for first timers and kids it was wonderful.hope that helps!
Old March 7th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie

Brenda,

Sorry I did not reply before. I just checked back and found your message. There are actually going to be a total of 7 of us going on April 10. This is the 5th cruise that my husband and I have been on. I am also in education as a school counselor. Would love to meet for a drink aboard.

Maggie
Old March 8th, 2004, 05:29 PM
mrsox

Default Re: Re: Re: NCL Wind - April 10, 2004

Just got back from the Wind...our first cruise and we had an amazing time...exceeded our expectations. Great ports of call:
Cozumel: Rented a car and drove all over the island on our own...1 road so impossible to get lost. Stopped at Nachi Cocum...free use of beach and facilities. Moved on to ruins at El Cedral...small, but neat to see. Went then to Punta Sur...a national park created to preserve sea turtles. $10 for 2...open aired bus w/local guide. 2 ruins, a lighthouse and amazing views. Headed east along the coastline...hardly any tourists venture there...beautiful. Had lunch at Coconuts...spectacular views, great mexican food, yummy margaritas...never wanted to leave. $30 w/tip for 2 entrees and 4 drinks. Then went to San Gervasio...en route back to San Miguel. $12 admission for 2...best ruins we saw on the island. Ended the day w/1.5 hrs of shopping before back onboard.

Belize: Snorkel trip got cancelled due to weather, but easily booked w/Marvin from www.belizecavetubing.com for a 5 hr cave tubing tour which included a 30 min walk thru the rainforest w/Marvin explaining medicinal trees and herbs, pointing out wildlife etc. Great time tubing! For those w/kids...he did a wonderful job w/an 8 yr old girl in our group (5 of us total). He was a great man and very well educated about his country.
Did some shopping at the tourism village...good deals.

Roatan: What an amazing, unspoiled treasure!!! We got a cab to 1/2 Moon Bay for snoreling...amazing, free use of facilities. Walked thru West End Village and took a water taxi ($3) to West Bay Beach. Had a great, relaxing lunch at Bite on the Beach...$30 for lobster and 4 beers. Cab back to Coxen Hole.

Grand Cayman: Took a cab to 7 Mile Beach for $10 and found a quiet spot. Swam and snorkeled. Walked along the beach and got back on the main road by the governor's house. Caught a cab back to town for shopping.

The ship was great, the staff helpful and friendly. The food surprisingly well...especially at dinner and deck bbq's at lunch. Drinks were reasonably price overall...$3 for a corona for example. Lots of social opportunities if you so choose, good entertainment at night...especially the comedic juggler! A calypso band during the days at sea played by the pool. No strong smells, no major eye sores etc that I've read about. This is a meduim sized ship who is not brand new...so go into it not expecting something it's not. We had a fabulous time and will return!
Old March 9th, 2004, 10:49 PM
BOBJ

Brenda,

Posted u also on the other site. Also a teacher on break . I was on the Norwegian Majesty last year and had a great time. Good mix of passengers, very friendly crew. This cruise has better ports of call. It should be fun.

BOBJ
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Brenda66

Thanks for all the great info - especially mrsox and boubie! Got some great ideas!

Maggie - would love to get to meet and exchange education "war stories" lol! You will probably easily find us anywhere where "beverages" are being served. Phyllis is blonde, slim, and pretty, and prone to wearing short skirts - I am shorter and much heavier set - curly blonde hair - most likely in shorts! lol! If you see a couple of school teachers fitting that description, that's us! Come over and say "hi"! We will be tickled to meet you and your family!

Counting down the days!

Brenda
Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Brenda,

Just got back from the Mar 13th cruise. Sorry I can't help you about any of the excursions, but the quickest way to and from the airport is to take a cab. They charge a flat rate of $21.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 24th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Annmarie

This is the first cruise for me, my husband, and 13 yr old daughter.
We finally decided on some excursions:
Grand Cayman - Stingray City on the Buccaneer
Roatan: Sante Wellness Spa (they have packages with or without spa treatment - I know there are 3 other from the WInd going here too.
Belize: Cave Tubing with Action Belize
Cozumel: We're still searching for something that we would all like. - My 22 yr old son stopped there last November and told us definitely do not go to Playa Sol Park (Overcrowded, dirty, etc) yet I have read some message boards where they said it was there best day. Watch the cabs - $25 even if they take you to what turns out to be right aroud the corner. If anyone can offer suggestions, I'm listening and it's getting very close.
Old April 1st, 2004, 03:59 PM
Brenda66

The countdown is on! Only 9 more days left!

Still looking to hear from others that will be onboard!

Bon Voyage!

Brenda
Old April 1st, 2004, 06:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ridingarrett

we'll be there, Brenda!

Carrie

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 1st, 2004, 07:04 PM
AnonymousCrew

Cave Tubing- a super cool experience. You'll never do anything like it again.