CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Universal Studios Excursion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/218359-universal-studios-excursion.html)

crusininapril January 22nd, 2004 08:49 AM

Universal Studios Excursion

Help! Really trying to make up our minds here....Anyone know/think the Univ. Studios Excursion is worth it....going mid April, when I expect it to be crowded, want to know if there is enough time to see everything....also is the express pass worth getting for an astronomical price? Also a side question, is the weather warm enough in Orlando in April for Wet and Wild?

disneylynn January 22nd, 2004 08:57 AM

Re: Universal Studios Excursion

I think you can buy the express pass cheaper at the park.

AlinPA January 22nd, 2004 03:01 PM

I think trying to see both parts of Universal (Studios and Islands of Adventure) in the time alloted for the excursion would be a real push and not too much fun. A lot of people on the various boards I visit have chosen to do this on their own. But I agree with what disneylynn said. I have read express passes (worth it) are cheaper at the park. Mid-April may not be too bad since you will be missing Easter and most Spring Breaks. Can't honestly say about the weather.

Ob Nurse January 22nd, 2004 03:05 PM

I would certainly get the express pass! Mid April is spring break for most northeast schools!! The water temp will be fine!

Shoreguy January 23rd, 2004 04:27 PM

We did Universal in July and were very glad we got the express pass. We were able to get into all the major attractions. You can save about $10 dollars if you buy the passes at the park. They are sold just inside the entrance for $25.

A word of caution they only sell a limited number of express passes at the park. If they are sold out when you get there you will have to fight the lines. We paid the premium and booked express with NCL.

Stinky January 23rd, 2004 05:10 PM

Express passes are much cheaper if you buy them at the park. Chances are they won't be sold out when you get there, you'll be early enough. By the regular pass through NCL and then upgrade at the park, the express through NCL is $140 (if I remember correctly) and you'll save about $40 per person if you just upgrade at the park. It's easy and takes no time at all, you can do it right at the front gate. And the express pass is well worth the money.

mariamc January 29th, 2004 09:25 AM

Re: Re: Universal Studios Excursion

thank you so much for the information, we are going to universal on the 02/29/04 sailing of the dawn. we booked standard and its nice to know that if we need to we can upgrade at the park.. keep cruising... maria mc