Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Beginner

Default Wind March 6

Who else out there is going on this sailing? My first time on this ship. Can anyone give me any insight as to cabin size. I have an outside cabin (no balcony). Are there any must do's or don'ts aboard the Wind? My wife and I are really suffering from cabin fever, the weather here in Pittsburgh is terrible, snow, snow, freezing rain, snow, sleet, you get the picture. I'm sure others in the East are suffering much the same. We have been to Cozumel before, but never to Grand Caymans, Belize or Roatan. What are the can't miss things to do? Happy Cruisin! 35 days and counting.
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2004, 02:45 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Wind March 6

The Wind is a nice ship - rooms are adequate - I was on her last June on a 7-day Alaskan cruise.

Re the Freestyle Dining - don't go to the dining rooms right after they open for a meal as there are lines, but if you wait a while, you won't have any problem getting seated. What I also learned is that if you find a waiter you really like, get his name and ask for his station when you go to eat, and they will usually try to accommodate you. Some of the wait staff is better than others.

They have a Captain's Dinner and they like to have people dress up a bit at most of the dining rooms - it is a must at the dining room where you have to pay - but if you don't feel like it, the buffet is casual and perfectly adequate. But don't go to the buffet if they have a Mexican meal - that is awful.

I enjoyed cruising on the Wind a lot and that was my fourth or fifth cruise - after that, I was on the Dream, it's identical sister ship - from Boston to Canada - not as much fun, very choppy seas and not a lot to do aboard. And this week, I head for South America to take the Crown around the Horn. I have one more cruise scheduled on NCL this year and then we'll see.

Don't know about ports in the Caribbean - I don't do islands. But you should be nice and warm and have a great time.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Wind March 6

Thanks for the reply and good luck to you.
Old February 4th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Passenger

Chu,

We had an outside room, no balcony , and were very happy. There was a sitting area that had one chair and a small couch. this area had a nice sized window so it was a very enjoyable view. Storage was adequate. There was a curtain to pull to seperate the sitting area from the bed so a person could sit and read and not bother the one sleeping. Have a great trip !!
Sue Ann p.s. we just walked on our own at the ports.
Old February 4th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Colin Gillett

Chu;
I am a tourist guide from Belize and I can arrange tours for you while your ship is in Belize City at reasonable prices. Please visit my website at royalmayanadventures.bz for tour options.
Old February 6th, 2004, 08:46 PM
KK

Chu,

My husband and I will be on the Wind March 6th also. NCL has a nice brochure you can download about all the excursions or use it as a refernce to booking your own trips.
We are also from Pennsylvania but live in the NE corner. I too can not wait to get the heck out of here and see some sunshine.

KK
Old February 8th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Kelsy Mead

We've been to Belize and Cozumel but missed Cayman the last time around.

In Belize : DO NOT MISS X-stream cave tubing. Cave tubing is THE trip to do in Belize and X-Stream offers the best deal and trip. $60 and you get to see more caves in small groups. We had only 9 people and they take a maximum or 14. Richard our guide was great!!

In Cozumel we went to Tulum, nice but the ferry was rough and then you were put on a bus...the beach by the ruins and the ruins were very nice though.

We are crusing again in May and have already booked the Buccaneer Catamaran in Grand CAyman, they have a bar onboard and you do stingray city, and two other snorkeling spots. This one is $39. The wind arrives late into Cayman and this excursion worked well with our time.
Old February 8th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Jandy

Recommendations for Grand Cayman are Sting Ray City Tour, Roatan - Tabayan Beach/ Dolphin encounter, Belize - Shark Ray Alley Tour and Cozumel - ATV tour.
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Wind March 6

Thanks for all the input. Looks like the options are limitless. At this point in time, with all the dismal weather here in Pittsburgh, I might just be satisfied with seeing the sun. I'm not too sure what options we will look at, we may just wander around aimlessly, starring at the azure blue water and looking at palm trees. Damn that cabin fever! For those of you going on this particular cruise I will be easy to spot. I'll be the guy with the ear to ear smile.....just happy to be somewhere other than here. Tell me again why anyone lives in the Northeast??????