Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:38 AM
pliscinski

Default Dawn march 7th!

Just wanted to add myself to the board. I will be on the Dawn on march 7th and would like to see if their will be any other people on here that will be on the same trip.
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Puff

Default Re: Dawn march 7th!

We'll a family of four and we'll be sailing with you! I hope we have smooth sailing I'm not sure what to pack? Have you cruise out of NYC in March before?
Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:44 PM
pliscinski

Default Re: Re: Dawn march 7th!

Nope, Ive never been on a cruise before. I have no idea what to expect except for lots of food!
Old February 4th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Passenger

We also will be on the dawn 3-7...i have a question about water.....can you bring your own bottled water on ship??? You know what they say about drinking water in any place besides on land in the US... This is our first cruise - cant wait, we are so excited....Peter, 29, and Diane 33
Old February 5th, 2004, 01:11 PM
MJS

Hi! My husband and I are going to NCL's Dawn on 3/7 to the Bahamas.
We are going with friends. This is our fourth cruise and cruising is by far the best way to travel. You will have a wonderful time for sure! Dress is casual and relaxed. Have a wonderful time and remember its your vacation so make the best under any and all circumstances!!
Old February 6th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Asealady

Default Re: Re: Re: Dawn march 7th!

We are going the 7th also on the Dawn in March. My husband and I. I started a thread and then saw this one tonight. This is our 2nd trip on the Dawn. Looking forward to a wonderful time.
Old February 7th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Dawn march 7th!

Hey, where is everyone coming from? We are in Orange County, about 1 hour from NYC.....This will be our first trip alone without kids in 5 years! We cant wait!!
Old February 7th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Asealady

We are from Hackettstown NJ, about a hour from NY city. 2nd time on the Dawn. Wonderful ship and loved the freestyle. You will have a wonderful time.
Old February 7th, 2004, 06:24 PM
pliscinski

napfam5, I'm not sure about the bottled water but i've heard of a thing called a soda card that you pay something like $28.00 and you get all free non alcoholic drinks. Not sure if it includes bottled water but if it does it sounds well worth the one time fee. If you really want to bring some with you stick it in yourbag, the worst that can happen is they hold it untill the end of your trip. Paul - 24
Old February 7th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Passenger

Yes, we've heard of the soda card also.....thanks.....from what Ive been reading on the boards I think you can bring water with you. At least other people have said that they have, they said that the ship water is safe to drink, but heavily chlorinated.....I havent drank tap water in decades, so I wouldnt be able to stomach that anyway.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:07 AM
Miki Yeoman

Default Dawn freestyle dining

Hi... We are cruising on the Dawn March 6th to Bahamas. We have a question about dining alternatives. We noticed some restaurants have cover charges. Does this mean that cover charge is the ONLY charge to dine... or, do you pay a cover charge and pay for your meal as well.

Thanks for your help...
Miki
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Miki Yeoman

Hi... We are trying to find out whether alternative dining with a cover charge is all you pay... or.. do you pay the cover charge.. plus the meal? Since this was your 2nd cruise... hoping you can answer for us.

Thanks... Miki
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:25 AM
Dan P

Hi all,As far as the water.You can buy bottled water on board ,but you are going to pay for it,if you know what I mean.On NCL you can bring the water on they only take alcohol away and give it back on the last day.
As for the cover charge ,you will pay the cover not the meal but you are expected to pay the tip there also,If you are going to one of those speciality dinners you need reservations.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 06:55 PM
doug long

this is our 1st cruise i hope dawn is a great ship. i heard there is alot of hidden cost on this ship ?is this true thanks doug
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
Bill Gallagher

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dawn march 7th!

Doug-
First of all, the Dawn is our favorite ship. We were on it last November and are going again in March.
Hidden costs- well it goes like this-
Shore excursions are extra.
Booze and soft drinks are extra.
Some restaurants are extra.
Tipping are extra.
Spas and gift shops are extra.

You can eat very well in the free restaurants.

We ran up a bill of $300 total.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:47 PM
Passenger

Hi everyone, I and my husband will also be on the cruise. This is our 2nd time on the Dawn. It's great. see you then

Debbie
Old February 28th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Asealady

ATT BILL GALAGER We were on the dawn in november too I played the drums at the tallant show what date did you sale This is Mr. Asealady
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:46 PM
nmahan

Puff......To answer your question about what to pack.......the first cruise I went on I really under packed. I brought alot of casual clothes and not enough dress clothes. I didn't know at the time that you couldn't wear shorts( of any kind), or jeans at any time in the dinning rooms. I didn't realize we would have to dress up every night for dinner. But.... i have never been on NCL before and I am hoping for a more relaxed dress code. I am not one who likes to change my clothes 3 or 4 times a day just to eat ( if you want the good food in the dining room that is) this time around it will be no jeans,.....shorts and swim wear for during the day, and dress pants and sun dresses for the evening. And I will make use of the grossly overpriced evening gown I bought for our last cruise