Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Beginner

Default cabin types

I am sailing on the NCL Wind in March. I have sailed 2 other cruise lines prior to this. My prior sailings had outside cabins with windows. This time I have an inside cabin, no windows. Can anyone tell me how an inside cabin is? Will I get claustrophic? Any insight is welcome. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Passenger

Default Re: cabin types

Susan, we booked an inside cabin on a Celebrity cruise to Bermuda last September because it was such a great price. That was our 4th cruise and 1st experience with an inside cabin. I was worried too but we had no problems. In fact I slept better than usual because no light was coming in the window. We don't spend much time in the cabin anyway and I would do it again for the right price. You should be fine.
Old February 9th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Passenger

Susan,

When are you sailing on the Wind? My wife and I are sailing on March 27th out of Miami. Our last cruise was an inside cabin and this one will be too...just because of the insanely low rate I got. The last post is quite on point. I also slept MUCH better with the inside cabin than I did with any of our Ocean View rooms. The light wakes me up extremely early and the inside rooms tend to be a little cooler and more comfortable becuase of the lack of outdoor light coming in. I think you'll be ok!

jeff
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: cabin types

I am sailing March 6, and can not wait. The area that I live in has had so much snow and ice lately, I need some place warm. This puts my mind at ease. Thanks
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:34 AM
KK

Default Re: Re: Re: cabin types

Susan,

I am sailing on the Wind March 6th also. We have an inside room also. I have heard they are much better on the Wind because they are cooler than outside rooms. Not sure if this is true or not since this is my first cruise.

Have a wonderful trip!
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Beginner

Susan and KK, time is running short twenty five days and counting. I too will be on board and the weather here in Pittsburgh stinks. Global warming.....I don't think so. Inside cabin/Outside cabin as long as you have one and get somewhere where it is warm who cares...... Cozumel, Belize grab me a pina colada I can't wait. I checked the other day and this baby is booked solid. Hope the non fun people stayed home.
Old February 10th, 2004, 01:31 PM
HeySailor

Inside cabins are a great value for short (7 days or less) sails in warm places. Since it's so nice out, you'll always be on the top decks anyway, so you'll be fine. Have fun!
Old February 11th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Frozen stiff in Canada

Sailed on NCL's Sea at end of Jan. Had an inside cabin on Atlantic Deck (down where the oars are). No problem at all, other than the four hour rowing shifts which weren't that bad except for when the captain wanted to go waterskiing.
Seriously, if I wanted to check outside, I would just switch TV to bridge cam channel. Gives you a very good idea of what the weather is like without the annoyance of early morning light.
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Beginner

Thanks for putting my worries to rest.
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Jackie R.

We were on the S/S Norway last May. Although when we returned from our wonderful cruise to the eastern Carribean one of the boilers blew, we still had a pleasant cruise! We had an inside stateroom and it was all we really needed! Since there is so much to do onboard a cruise ship, you find yourself out in the sunshine most of the time during the day. Then at night, you want to see the shows and of course, eat your magnificent dinner in the dining room! Therefore, whoever wants to save a lot of $$ and enjoy the cruise of a lifetime, go ahead and BE CHEAP! You will NOT be dissappointed!
Old February 21st, 2004, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Another point, Susan, is that generally the only difference between inside and outside cabins is the window (or port hole). The cabins are the same size, with basically the same amenities, and when you're in an outside cabin you seldom look out the window anyway. Like others have pointed out, we've found that we slept better in inside cabins (less noise and no outside light to wake us up). And if near-total darkness bothers you, bring one of those plug-in night lights with you (or just leave the bathroom light on all night).

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas