Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2004, 09:57 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default Airfare to London for Europe cruise

A cruise I'm interested in is on the Norwegian Dream. I'm looking at July/August dates, and airfare is around $1000 per person. Does this seem high to everyone? Is it just too far out, and that's why? What can I expect to pay? BTW, I'm in San Antonio, but can fly out of Dallas or Houston. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2004, 10:33 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Airfare to London for Europe cruise

I didn't mention in the post, other than the subject, that the cruise is out of Dover, England fairly close to London. Thanks
Old February 15th, 2004, 11:45 PM
KK

Default Re: Re: Airfare to London for Europe cruise

That does seem high for a flight to England. I have never payed that much to get to Europe. Try using expedia or travelocity to compare fares. I assume the $1000 pp was for round trip.

The most I have ever paid for a flight to Europe was around $600.

Hope this helps.
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:18 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Airfare to London for Europe cruise

Yes it was for a roundtrip. Was the $600 you mention roundtrip? From where?
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:17 PM
KK

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Airfare to London for Europe cruise

Yes it was round trip... I used to live in Germany and when we flew home it was usually around 600 pp. Was usually Frankfort to Detroit or Pittsburgh. Look around online before you book it, just be careful of airport delays/layovers. Make sure you have plenty of time. When I was travelling to Korea back in 89, I was layed over in Japan for 17 hours because of a mechanical problem. A situation like that could make you miss your ship.

Sign up for e-fares on the airlines websites. They will email you airfare deals that you won't get elsewhere.
Old February 20th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Jessica Page

Unfortunately in the summer the flights are really expensive I fly home every year and last year in August I paid $880pp for flights from Phoenix if you go in September the rates drop to $350pp.
Old February 20th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Jon,

Here's a look at lowest R/T fares between Orlando & London this past summer: as of July 7th -- $767; as of Aug. 31st -- $431 (both fares on Continental).

We'll be sailing on the Dream on Aug. 29th; our airfare is part of the package price. Our TA's invoice shows the cost of airfare (tax included) of $901 pp to include transport R/T London & Dover. We had considered booking our own airfare (and maybe saving a few hundred bucks), but have pretty much decided to pay the package price.

Package airfare prices can be tricky, and often include a reduced cruise fare in their calculation. So what you see is not always what you get. If you book your own air, you must make sure you get to London early enough to ensure being on time for the departure of your ship. That might mean leaving home a day earlier and a hotel expense in England.

Since we don't know what departure/arrival times and fares will be this August between Orlando & London, we'd rather not tempt fate in order to save what might not turn out to be very much money. If you wish to email me, I'd be glad to give you price information on our cruise.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old February 22nd, 2004, 12:42 PM
Beginner

We are going to Euorpe in May on the Dream and was able to get add on air fair for 218.00 each. Go on to NCL and check specials by destinations.