Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default NCL Dawn - romance suite

Greetings -

Seeking info on the Norwegian Dawn "romance suites" - #10725 or #10226 corner only, please, on deck 10. (My plan A!)

Plan B - the penthouse on deck 8 - #8170 or #8670 and on deck 9 #9732 or #9232, please.

We're interested in learning:
Is the "queen bed" a true queen or 2 twins pushed together?
Is the decor "light" wood and fabric or bold vivid colors?
Individual tub AND shower? Is tub whirlpool?

I've been through the photo gallery and did not see any listing for NCL Dawn. Did I just miss it? There was one web site elsewhere, but no stateroom photos

Thank you in advance for your help... planning our 30th anniversary and would like to make it special. Oh yeah, this is hush hush, a surprise, thanks.

Willy
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Passenger

Default Re: NCL Dawn - romance suite

We are booked in 8170 this week. Apparently, evn NCL is confused about these cabins. When I booked we were told it was a separate bedroom---not so. Both Romance suite and AE are the same ---one room with a curtain separating the queen bed from the living "area". It's a queen--not 2 twins.
Old February 19th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Mia2Bway

Willy,
Try:
www.cruiseonly.com
www.cruisestateroom.com
These sites have 360 degree views/floorplans and other pertinent info.
We were in a mini-suite on deck 11, just outside the spa. The decor was dark, burreled wood. The bath had a tub/shower combo. I'm sure the romance suites are different, but the above sites may help.
Whatever you choose, ENJOY!
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you - SAILORS and Mia2Bway

Excellent info on queen vs twins moved together. Please, upon returning post a review or an update on 8170 - especially the balcony size (looks like a large wrap around) and the privacy issue (beeing seen) from above decks. Is it windows AND sliding glass doors?

Went to both web sites. "Cruisestateroom" is now on my "favorites" list - terrific!

Appreciate your time and interest - believe me, it's appreciated!

Willy
Old February 20th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: NCL Dawn - romance suite

8170 balcony is about 3 feet wide then 2 feet wide at corner. It does not wrap around. Since ship is flat at stern folks above should not be able to see into balcony below. No windows--just sliding door.
PS---cruisestateroom.com has the wrong pictures for penthouse suites. I spent an hour on the phone with NCL looking at these photos and they said the penthouse suite photo is for suite AB as it shows 2 separate rooms.
Photos at cruisesonly.com are correct.
Old February 21st, 2004, 12:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to wayneR

The penthouse suite cat AB has more than two rooms. It has two seperate bedrooms. Two bathrooms. one small one with the second bedroom, one large one with w whirlpool bath and seperate shower. Even a TV in the bathtub. It also has a livingroom and small dinning room. Its some suite. The price is kind of high though. NOt everyone can afford it.
My wife and I had it last year and loved it. But like most people say, you dont spend that much time in your room.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you, Wayne, for the info.

I used the term "penthouse" but was forgetting there are 3 clasifications for penthouse on the Norwegian Dawn. You are correct in the cost of the AB penthouse being more than I wish to invest. However the AC, AD, AF are all doable and offer the stern location with the wider view, which we prefer.

Having reread your comments on the AB, however, it's easy to see how it would be an unforgetably luxurious stateroom.
Old February 24th, 2004, 01:51 PM
babygirl722

Default Re: Re: NCL Dawn - romance suite

Willy,

I am including a link that will take you througha virtual tour of the entire ship, including all cabin categories.

Something else to note...NCL does offer upgrades. We booked and paid for a Cat AF ($2800 for 4) and got upgraded to Cat AB for an additional $600 last week. They usually do this close to the sailing date.

Upgrade phone number is 800 625-4309. You will need to provide them with your reservation # and if you booked through a TA, they will need an OK from them. Don't accept their first offer...you can bargain them down!

Here's the link:

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/norwegiandawn.htm

Regards,

A