Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Wes Rahn

Default NCL and "Conde Nast Traveler" Cruise Ship Rankings

I just read the Conde Nast Traveler Feb 2004 edition and they listed the ranking of cruise ships. put. The review was broken into three groups based on the size of the ship, and based on the magazine readers' opinions. I was surprised to read that NOT ship from NCL made the list; even Carnival was listed, but not NCL. I thought maybe it had to do with which cruise line advertised in the magazine, but NCL had a full page in that edition.

Since I'm scheduled to sail on the Dream on April 19, 2004 from London to Rome, shoul I be worried?
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2004, 10:31 PM
First Mate

Default Re: NCL and "Conde Nast Traveler" Cruise Ship Rank

Wes, this subject has come up time and again; it's like saying should I worry about Hilton Hotels not being listed in any catagory. I am not certian the adverstising has anything to do with it, but that's a good point. I would more think "who reads Conde Nest? It is not the average readers daily reading assigment. In fact, to me they have so much advertising I can't be bothered. I used to enjoy reading it on occassion. Don't let this bother you. Every cruise has it's ups and downs. You will get out of it what you put into it. If you look for the negative, don't do much in the way of excursions, listen to the negative passengers and look for negative reviews you may have a horrible time. If you go with the idea you will have a ball, you will. The Dream is one ship I have not sailed but have friends that had a great time. You have 7 more weeks to plan your trip and look forward to a great adventure. Let us know how it went when you return.

Happy cruisin,

NMNita