Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Scott Wilkie

Default NCL Wind Hawaii cruise XMAS 2004

Aloha everyone,
Sorry about all your terrible experiences. My wife, 15 year old son, and I are going on the NCL Wind 11 day cruise departing Xmas day December 25th, 2004. Anyone else going on this particular trip, anyone have teen agers?
Has anyone beeen on this ship recently? Any reviews, goood- or bad? Any tips on excursions we should sign up for or avoid?
We have one of the Superior Ocean View Staterooms facing the front of the ship with no obstructions, think Titanic "I'm King of the World".
We will be on for Xmas and New Years both and are hoping it will be a festive, upscale event with superior class food. My wife and I have both traveled on NCL but more than a decade ago and everything was perfection, room service, sanitation, quality of food, quality of people, but again that was a decade ago both times thru the Carribean for 10 days each.
With the NCL Wind being a foreign flagged vessel , can anyone tell me if this will make a difference in the problems the two American flagged vessels have been experiencing. Are they a seperate entities?
Anybody that has any information of any kind we would really appreciate it.
Anyone take out Vacation Protection Insurance thru like American Express, etc. Would that help in the reimbursement part if our cruise turns out as bad as some of the postings you all have experienced?

Aloha and thanks so much for this web site and all your postings it is truly a help to those of us who are about to either experience paradise or hell.

Scott Wilkie
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2004, 03:44 PM
catfan72

Default Re: NCL Wind Hawaii cruise XMAS 2004

Hi Scott, my husband & I are going on this same cruise that you & your family is going on. We have never sailed with NCL (we've been on Carnival and I've been on RCCL). Both of those experiences were terrific. We chose NCL/Wind this time b/c of a big discount for the cruise, plus we like to try different cruise companies.
We've booked our shore excursions already, especially the Fanning Island day beach trip. We're flying into Oahu 2 days earlier to go see Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona, plus maybe parasailing/skydiving, etc. Plus, we live in Kansas and the weather in KS in December is always changing and you never know what can happen.
I've been out of the loop on the whole POA/NCL problems, too. I'm calling my travel agent tomorrow and ask her if the problems are just with that ship (since it's brand new), or is it an entire NCL problem.
We took the trip insurance through AAA--it covers more problems that can arise and is actually about $30.00 cheaper than what the cruise line offers.
We're staying on deck 5 (the Biscayne deck, I think), with an oceanview.
We're also hoping that New Year's Eve celebrations will be fun and festive and a chance for us to dress up--other year's we've just stayed home in our p.j.'s and watched the ball drop!! EXCITING!! (not)
Where are you guys from?
See you on board,
Charlotte Bailey