Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2004, 11:36 AM
new guy

Default Formal Nite on Dawn

What is formal night like on the Dawn? How many people dress formal vs. resort casual? Are all restaurants available for resort casual diners or are some restricted to formal diners only? Is the menu the same in the three main dining rooms that night?

Just trying to plan.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2004, 08:57 PM
yvonne

Default Re: Formal Nite on Dawn

You might want to check this web site that I got from the photo galleries. It is a collection of home pictures taken by a man on his cruise on the Dawn. It gave me a good sense of how casual really is, also some really nice shots of the boat throughout.
The address is www.36works.com/nwdawn/
Old March 5th, 2004, 03:24 PM
new guy

Yvonne,

Thanks for the link. It looks like a magnificent ship.
Old March 5th, 2004, 09:30 PM
yvonne

Default Re: Re: Formal Nite on Dawn

Looking forward to sailing on it in April, my first time.
Old March 6th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Eustice

Hi guys

I have been on the Dawn twice and she is a wonderful ship. I have been on a 14 night in May 2003 and 11night Feb 2004, both very wonderful Cruises. Anyway, formal nights are planned around two picture taken sessions, the Captains Gale night, etc(so gather those bride maids gowns, and tux’s). Most restaurants are semi-formal, the good news is that you don't have to dress that way of you don't want to. I have done 5 cruises in the last year so, I am a bit jaded.

You will love it.

Eustice
Old March 7th, 2004, 03:09 PM
First Mate

I was on the Dawn last year, never dressed formal, capri pants and jackets, no one cares. Looked to me about a 50-50 mix of formal and casual.. Going again in two weeks, not bringing any formal clothing. It is whatever you want it to be.
Old March 9th, 2004, 09:46 AM
new guy

Is the dinner menu the same on formal night in the "formal" and "resort casual" dining rooms? That would be a fair compromise for all.
Old March 12th, 2004, 07:47 PM
BillG

The formal and resort casual dining rooms are the same at the same time. No change.

We lived in resort casual for our entire cruise on the Dawn. Loved it!
Old March 15th, 2004, 03:15 PM
sholiday

Keep in mind the rooms are small. Formal clothes mean formal shoes, suits, jewelry, etc. My husband & I did formal night. Next time I think I'd skip it and pack warmer clohes leaving NYC in March was very chilly! About 50% of people did. Resort casual is the way to go. If you love to dress up, like me then go for it. But you won't feel out of place if you don't. People really were casual.
Old March 15th, 2004, 04:45 PM
pliscinski

I just returned on 3/14 and did not do the formal night. It seems pretty silly to lug around the extra clothes and then be seated next to someone thats wearing dockers and a golf shirt. I guess if you really want a picture on the stairs looking pretty you can pack the extra clothes, but you may want to bring an iron.
Old March 15th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Asealady

Hi Pliscinski. This is mr Asealady... We were on the same ship the same time. Did you go to the talent show?
I played wipe out on the drums. As far as dress up, I do it every day for work. I took a black jacket and black pants and only used them on stage with my white tee shirt and sneakers. A nice shirt and pants are just fine with me as long as I don't have to put that choke cloth around my neck. I don't like anyting interfearing with the food going down. If you have a tie on you can't eat fast enough. Rick