Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Default excursions on the Florida/Bahamas, Dawn

Going On the Dawn 5-l6, would like some imput on the excursions both in Florida and Nassau.
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Asealady

Default Re: excursions on the Florida/Bahamas, Dawn

We went on the Duck Tour in Miami. Was the best excursion I ever went on from the cruise ship. In first stop in FL, we went to Universal. We have been to Nassau so much, we just go to beach or shop and walk around. I
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:03 PM
First Mate

I have only done the Universal Studios excursion and it went smoothly (except for a bus mishap).

I have been to Nassau 3 times so I know alot about that island. What I do know is that the excursions are overpriced - you can do mostly all of them on your own for half the price.

If you need any help - let me know! : )
Old March 16th, 2004, 06:10 PM
BillG

Default Re: Re: excursions on the Florida/Bahamas, Dawn

We are on the Dawn on March 28. My question is how far are taxis from the ship in Nassau? We would like to follow your suggestion, but are somewhat limited in how far we can walk. Thanks in advance.
Billg
Old March 16th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Passenger

Hi There, I am going with my three children and have signed up for the Indian River hike/kayak for the first stop, and the Dolphin encounter in Nassau. The Dolphin encounter was $100 each. Do you think I could buy it for less with out the cruise people? Thanks!
Old March 16th, 2004, 08:28 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: excursions on the Florida/Bahamas, Dawn

BillG:

The taxis are right at the end of the pier waiting for the passengers - not a long walk at all.

Lucky:

As far as the dolphin encounter, I think that is an excursion that is exclusively for cruiseline excursions - I could be wrong so if anyone has anymore info, it would be appreciated.
Old March 16th, 2004, 08:53 PM
AP

i'm just kind of interested in going to see the Atlantis hotel, does anyone know how much it is for a taxi over there, and can you walk around the hotel and get a good idea of what its like I heard it is phenominal and just want to see it, any suggestions?
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Asealady

A taxi ride was 4 dollars to that hotel. Yes, you can walk around. It was awesome! You can also take a ferry, forgot how much it was. But, it was cheap.
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:22 AM
mommyof2

Lucky

My husband & I went to the Bahamas 4 years ago and did the dolphin encounter (we did not cruise) and from what I remember it was about $100.00 per person, swimming with them was more, maybe $150-$200.00. The experience was great. They also videotape the entire encounter and you can purchase the tape in the gift shop along with individual pictures they take of you with the dolphin. Have fun!
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

We did the airboat Everglades tour out of Miami and it was a lot of fun. Had done most of the stuff at Canaveral so took the pontoon boat one. We enjoyed that, but it was nothing spectacular - nice homes to see, and we did see birds, one porpoise, and two manatee's (well, their noses at least ).
Old March 17th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Passenger

NC,
I am going to be on that cruise too. This will be my second time on board the Dawn. It was great last year. I am going to start a roll call to see if anyone else is going to be on board.

BillG,
As 525600 said, the taxis are right at the end off the pier. I would say that the walk on the pier is at the most .5 miles. Hope this isn't too far. If it is, you might be able to get some to help you with a wheelchair. Not sure about that though.

Lucky,
Go to www.dolphinswims.com. It sounds like the same excursion as the ship offers. The encounter is $75. There is also a Swim with the Dolphins, which is $145. You would probably want to check with them to make sure the tour would be done before 2:00 if you do it on your own.
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:50 AM
JH

In Miami we did the excursion that takes you to the Fountainbleu resort, which was really nice. We had a cabana and we had full access to the pools, beach etc. There is also an outdoor bar/grill for lunch and drinks.
Old March 20th, 2004, 03:28 PM
First Mate

The taxi takes you right to the door of the atlantis, the ferry drops you off and you have to walk a distance to the atlantis. taxi is better.
Old March 20th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Nova

IM going on the dawn 5/16, found someone else going, cool!
Old March 20th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Nova

Btw I have been on her before so if u have questions, email me.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 10:30 AM
crussininapril

For Asealady...did you find you had enough time at Universal? We are going April 18-25 a very popular week for school vacationers. Just wondering if there would be enough time with the long lines?
Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:28 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: excursions on the Florida/Bahamas, Dawn

CruisininApril:

I also did Universal and we did have plenty of time for the rides (we were able to go around the park twice). But I am not sure how busy it will be when you go (I am also going on the April 18-25 cruise but I am going to Disney this time).
Old March 22nd, 2004, 01:23 PM
Chrisobrn

We went to the Seaquarium in Miami....FANTASTIC!!!!!!!