Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2004, 02:30 PM
smiity

Default Norwegian Majesty

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has been on the Boston to Bermuda cruise? I am going on the Majesty in May. I am a little nervous because it is my first time going on a cruise.
Thank you,
Smitty
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2004, 10:21 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Norwegian Majesty

Don't be nervous. You will have a wonderful time on this cruise! We went in May in 2002. We will be going again in August this year. Bermuda is beautiful. The Majesty is a nice ship. Nothing fancy but just right! The food is fine too. You are not going to get 5-Star dining on the Majesty. But we never had a bad meal either. Email me if you have any particular questions.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:05 PM
First Mate

Hi Smitty,

When in May?

We are going in May also. First time on the Majesty, but we have cruised another NCL ship.

Barb
Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:26 PM
Passenger

I'm going in May also. When in May? I like the idea of going out of Boston(we live in worcester) I have heard great things about this cruise. I agree from what people say not 4 star dining but very good food. Don't let the people on cruisemates make you feel like you are going to boot camp. I went on a rcl cruise everyone said was bad. It was great.
Howard
Old April 1st, 2004, 04:46 AM
Passenger

Majesty for us May 2...can't wait. First time cruisers. We usually do the all-inclusives in the carribbean but decided to try something new. Lots of sites out there for info on Bermuda. We will rent a scooter & go adventureing on our own. Don't be nervous. In all of my years of travelling I have found that "you make your vacation what it is" & for us it has always been fun!

Old April 1st, 2004, 01:33 PM
cookie8140

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Majesty

I am going May 16 you?
Old April 1st, 2004, 06:58 PM
AnonymousCrew

Talk about lucky kids here. You guys are going ot have a great time in Bermuda. Overnights too- the best kind. Its supposed to be one of the nicest runs. All of my coworkers always just RAVE about how great it is. But Bermuda is apparently expensive, so be prepared.
I'm so jealous!
have FUN!
Old April 4th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Beginner

I'll be on my 7th NCL Majesty cruise Boston to Bermuda on May 23. I don't know how you can't love it!!! Be happy to answer any other questions. Great smaller ship, friendly and helpful crew, beautiful destination!
Old April 24th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Maryanne

Hi- We are planning on going to Bermuda in Aug. I do have some questions for those of you who have done this before. When picking a cabin- is there one deck better than the others? We are going to get a Ocean view room but where? Also port ,or whatever the other side is called! I am searching the net now, but wonder if a travel agent might be the way to go. As far as the dinning goes- do you have to pick either the early or late seating?
Thanks for your help!
Maryanne
Old April 24th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

i just got back from the caribbean on the majesty, had a great time. i was on deck 3 mid ship, ocean view ( great location ) 349GG. i can now say i was a 1st time cruiser

have a great cruise
Old April 24th, 2004, 09:06 PM
First Mate

Hi Maryanne,

Although I haven't cruised aboard the Majesty yet, I will be doing so very shortly. Boston to Bermuda in May.

We booked our trip through a TA. This is our preference, should there be questions or problems. The TA offered us a better rate than NCL.

With freestyle dining, you can dine when and where you wish. However, the alternative restaurants require a reservation and covercharge.

Bon Voyage,

Barb
Old April 26th, 2004, 08:32 AM
First Mate

Question: Looking into the Boston to Bermuda, will be traveling alone. Want to know if anyone has any info on how to get on this ship as cheaply as possible. Really don't want to share a room! All prices seem to be double occ. and out of my budget. Has anyone heard if you show up at the Black Falcon just prior to the ships departure, if they will offer a discount if the ship is not filled? Or know of any really good travel agents! I am in need of a vacation BADLY...... Thank you, and happy sailing....
Old April 26th, 2004, 03:23 PM
First Mate

You should contact a TA or NCL.

Because of strict security regulations, you might need to be prepaid and registered before arriving at the pier.
Old April 29th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Passenger

Maryanne: stay away from deck 7 if you want an outside cabin. On 7 is the walking track and everyone can see right in your windows even though they are tinted!

smallfry: Most Majesty trips out of Boston are also sold out. Wait until the fall if you want really cheap rates. Not many people like to travel in hurricane season.
Old April 30th, 2004, 06:08 AM
Parrot Mom

basketballmom....your right...booked my cruise in EARLY JANUARY and there were only TWO cabins in the category we wanted for mid-June..It is the most rebooked ship in the NCL line. This will be our 10th time.. We have b een in Bermuda the end of May and have had to leave a day earlier because of bad weather...so you really never know...our last scheduled trip of last year from NYC was diverted to Bermuda North..
Old April 30th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Passenger

We got a good price on Vacations to go. It's the port charges and taxes that get you. The cruise itself is the least expensive trip I have booked.
Old April 30th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Maryanne

Thanks all for the tips- I was wondering about the deck 7 with the walking track- good point. The pickings are slim for rooms now- so I need to decide between looking at a lifeboat or a room near the hospital. Do you think a room near the hospital would be bad? It is also near the back(aft?) of the ship which I hear can be loud. I am looking on-line and some don't even give a room # but rather a "Guar". I'm afraid to end up with the leftovers!
Thanks-
Maryann
Old May 1st, 2004, 11:08 AM
First Mate

We have a guaranteed outside and were "upgraded" to deck 7. I hope that they have curtains or shades.

Barb
Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:49 AM
Passenger

They do have curtains but just remember to pull them shut when you are in the room! Don't turn the lights on with just the sheer curtain pulled shut either! Last cruise we were on, some kids saw more than they should have!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:46 PM
Parrot Mom

basketball mom....Barb is on the ship already...she'll learn fast..lol
Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:38 PM
Maryanne

Thanks- After that image- I've decided on the room across from the hospital! I'll take my chances!! My first cruise I'll be happy no matter where I end up. I hope!!
Parot Mom- Thanks for your help!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 11:23 PM
Yeoman

smallfry130
I think I read somewhere here on cruisemates, where you can't just try to get on a ship the day of sailing anymore since Sept 11th. Somthing about there has to be a roster of everyone on board at least like 3 days before or something like that. Maybe someone else knows. It really is a bummer because if someone lives in a port city and has time off it would be nice to be able to catch a ship to somewhere. I hope that a TA can help you with your questions.

Luanne

Old May 4th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Parrot Mom

The US Coast Guard requires roster of passengers 48 hours I believe before sailing. Somebody could pick up a good deal within the week though...
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Peter A. Turner

I tried it once last year, but they took us to Canada instead. Not the best company I have dealt with.
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Parrot Mom

Yes Peter.. I was in the same predicament last year.. had hoped to cruise from NYC on the NCL Sea for a change and we too ended up in Bermuda North.. The cluess people who moaned and groaned, who threatened, cried hysterically (yes, I saw the girls inthe elevator) who ignored the news about the hurricane hitting Bermuda.. at least many of us had been watching the NCL website.. There was one man from our trip who drove down from Halifax and ended up cruising past his house.. We personally were 30 minutes away from our home when we docked in Boston with no way to get there..It wasn't so bad was it....I think not.. Halifax, St. John, Bar Harbor, Boston, and newport... great time and the weather was fantastic.