Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Jwillard

Default Norwegian Sea

I will be on the SEA in late May and have a few questions. What is the cost for the Bistro, and are there other "pay" restaurants on board? How are the shows? If I want to snorkle at only two stops, which ones do you reccomend?
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Sea of Dreams

Default Re: Norwegian Sea

I'm not going on the SEA until 4/17 but I will offer up my opinions:

Snorkel at Chakanaab in Cancun ($12 entrance fee per person, and about $12 - $15 for the entire cab each way)

Do the Tabyana Beach excursion in Roatan thru NCL and snorkel there. I think this may cost $50 per person, but includes transportation, facilities, food, and drinks.

Le Bistro requires reservations and is $12.50 per person, and there are a few menu items that have a higher price.

There is in Italian restaurant on the SEA that requires reservations, but there is no additional fee.

We are planning on doing the X-treme cave tubing in Belize, Jungle canopy swing in Roatan, Avalon Beach/shopping in Cozumel, and Paradise beach in Cancun.

Paradise beach (new) sounds great in Cancun, but doesn't offer good snorkeling. The Jungle Canopy Swing is located right at Tabyana Beach ($35 per person).

Enjoy your cruise!
Old April 6th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Sea of Dreams

Hi again,

I just found a copy of the Le Bistro menu from the SEA online at.......

mickey-reviews.com

Check out the section where all of the freestyle dailys are posted, and at the bottom of the listing is a misc section and she has the menu posted.

She also has some photos from her cruise on the SEA on the site.

Enjoy!
Old April 7th, 2004, 09:46 AM
First Mate

Another snorkeling option is a drift snorkel over the Pelicar reef in Cozumel. This is a bit off shore, you get dropped into the water, the current will run you over the reef to a point where it drops off to THOUSANDS of feet deep..The change in the water and the light shining through the water is like watching 2001 Space Oddessy all over again..but this time no need for the LSD!

Don't miss snorkeling in Roatan. It is considered the third best scuba/snorkeling location on the earth by the experts.

We sail on the Sea on May 1!!!!!
Old April 7th, 2004, 12:31 PM
First Mate

We have done Tabyana Beach and loved it; did our own thing a couple of years ago with a great tour guide, but we weren't crazy over the beach he took us to; I think we will do Salt and Peppers next time. We have heard wonderful things about the resort and it's less expensive than Tabyana Beach. Just something to think about.

NMNita
Old April 7th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Sea

I would do the snorkle in Cozumel and Roatan. Actually, I prefer diving instead but the reefs and water are fantastic in both.