Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2004, 09:44 AM
jwillard

Default Stateroom descriptions

I have booked an oceanview stateroom on the SEA. My friend booked a "superior" stateroom. We have now recieved our tickets and according to our room numbers and the graphic on NCL web page, we have the same size room. In fact, mine is and his are both called "deluxe." Can anyone clear this up? Did I get something that I shouldn't get, or did my friend get less than he paid for?
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Stateroom descriptions

jwillard, I'm not sure about deluxe ov. I thought on the Sea (we were on it in 2000, and will be again this June) that the staterooms were oceanview and superior oceanview. What floor are you on? This might help in determining what cat. you are in.
Old April 11th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Sea of Dreams

Default Re: Stateroom descriptions

HI JWILLARD,

You didn't say what catagories you both booked. Did your friend book a Superior Oceanview "CC" or a Superior inside "II or I"? Did he book a guarantee, or a specific room, maybe he was upgraded?

In looking at the cabin sizes on the SEA oceanview room don't necessarily mean larger cabins...your just paying for the window. Also the different catagories can be the exact size, but just located on different decks.

You probably both got the cabins you paid for, the ocean view would be more expensive because of the view.

Enjoy your cruise no matter what cabin your in!
Old April 12th, 2004, 08:44 AM
jwillard

Default Re: Re: Stateroom descriptions

My friends booked the "superior" o.v. thinking that according to the brochure, they would gain a little space. I booked a guaranteed o.v. and decided not to pay the extra $100 to get an assigned room. We both ended up on Star deck. He in 7015 and I in 7020. In looking at the plans, we have the same size room. Could it be that since I booked a guaranteed o.v. and left it up to fate, I have been upgraded to the same room size as my friends?
By the way, I am sure that I will have a good time regardless of where I end up. I can hardly wait!
Old April 12th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Stateroom descriptions

I would say that yes, you got lucky. Having stayed in an ov, you did gain a little space with the superior ov. While the rooms on the Sea are small, there is enough room for you and your belongings. I am probably one of the very few people who does not unpack all of my clothing (except for a few hanging items), I just put my suitcase under the bed and pull it out during the day to get what I need. So I have plenty of room.