Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2004, 04:26 PM
valtandc

Default which of the 3 big free restaurants were your favorite on da

of aqua, venetian, impressions, which is best? how is the trattoria restaurant in comparison?
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2004, 04:13 AM
evamaria

Default Re: which of the 3 big free restaurants were your favorite o

Hi, I just returned from the Dawn, we had 4 adults and 4 children in our group. The best atmosphere was Impressions, it had a more intimate feeling and anywhere you sit there is a great view of the ocean. The Venetian though beautiful is way too big, crowded and busy. The Aqua was an in-between size but the atmosphere really did not impress me. La Trattoria is just half of the buffet area redecorated and turned into an Italian restaurant at night so it still felt like you were eating in a cafeteria.
Old April 13th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Sue Smith

Aqua!
Old April 13th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: which of the 3 big free restaurants were your favori

Just back from Dawn also. We ate in Ventian almost every night. I wish we had tried Impressions. Never had to wait except for Sat. night, only about 10 mins. Aqua was nice too.
Old April 14th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Beginner

We ate breakfast and some lunches in the Venetian. It's beautiful. But since we did our early meals there, we usually chose one of the other restaurants for dinner. I really liked Aqua. The waitresses there were really friendly and being smaller, it felt less hectic. Didn't try the Trattoria.

Old April 14th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Beginner

We liked all 3. Impressions was probably the best, with the Aqua to follow. The menus and food are pretty much the same at each. We didn't try Latratria either. The Salsa was kind of neat but I didn't like the food all that much. It over looks the atrium so that is kind of cool. I think I didn't like the food because of what I tried not because the food wasn't that great. Everybody else that was with me seemed to like it a lot.
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Tomct

Here's a plug for La Trattoria. We've enjoyed nice Italian dinners there on both the Dawn and Star. When we were on the Star, we didn't realize it was in the Buffet area until we were eating breakfast there one morning. I'm not sure if it was the excitement of our 1st cruise, actually only our 2nd night, but it had a nice atmosphere. The menu is the same each evening, but very nice. When we were on the Dawn, it did not seem to have the same feel to it, but maybe it was because we :had a clue".

Our favorite of the other 3 was the Venetian, as we liked the Grand atmosphere. We also ate other meals there, as the Sunday lunch was great, and the breakfasts are 1st class. We went to Impressions on Caribbean night, and thus the menu detracted from our enjoyment. We also were fortunate to get a window seat at sunset time, but they dropped the large shade soon after we sat, so I had to go outside to get some great sunset photos. We missed Aqua on that trip, but did enjoy our single dinner there on the sister ship Star.