Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2004, 11:37 AM
Passenger

Default Norwegian Crown Cabin Info?

Hi, I'm booked on the 6/13 Crown cruise to Bermuda. I'm trying to find out the precise difference between category AE "mini" suites and category AD suites. The best I can tell is the "mini" is identical, only 190 sqft versus 200 sqft for the AD. The price difference is only $100, so I booked the cat AD. What's confusing is various web-sites I've visited have conflicting photos (including NCL's) for cat AD & AE. Sometimes the AD and AE photos are identical, and sometimes the AD & AC (which is a 290 sqft suite with separate living room) are identical.

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who booked a Riviera deck cat AE and/or AD in the past and who can provide some details on the cabin amenities.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2004, 05:52 PM
preemiemd

Default Re: Norwegian Crown Cabin Info?

Hi,

Just back from Crown to Bermuda today. We were in Cat AD (9046) on Riviera deck. It was a spacious cabin with abundant storage space. There is a panoramic picture window and a sitting area with coffee table and 4 club chairs. The minisuites looked similar when I peeked in but there was only room for 2 chairs. Also our suite had a shower /full tub combo - I'm not sure about the minis. The AC suite next to ours was the kind with the partition wall. I think they had a fridge and jacuzzi jets in the tub too.

Amenities included access to concierge for dinner reservations etc, champagne on arrival, fresh fruit replenished daily, complimentary 1st bottle of Evian etc. Also I don't know if there really is a difference but our sheets/towels seemed of better quality than in standard NCL cabins we've had. Might have been just luck though.
Old April 25th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Crown Cabin Info?

Thanks for the info!! That pretty well clears it up for me, because some of the photos of cat AD show the partition that you described in AC. It seemed a little far-fetched to me that a 90 sq ft smaller AD cabin would have the same "living room" configuration as the category AC cabins.

The cat AD sounds like a great cabin for the price!!

Did you enjoy the Crown and Bermuda?

We've never been on NCL, nor to Bermuda.
Old April 26th, 2004, 08:08 AM
preemiemd

Default Re: Re: Re: Norwegian Crown Cabin Info?

Bermuda was wonderful! We had perfect weather while in Bermuda and only our last sea day was too cold and windy to go outside. We did hit a few hours of rougher seas on both sea days in and out of Bermuda but this is common on cruises to Bermuda. We took one Bonine pill each sea day and did fine with just a little drowsiness.

We also enjoyed the Crown but I'm sure you have read the mixed reviews both here and on cruise critic boards. I am hoping to post a full review sometime next week on the cruise critic site but I need to use this week to catch up on work and home stuff first.

Feel free to post questions though and I'll try and answer them at some point.
Old April 26th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Norwegian Crown Cabin Info?

I will be anxiously looking for the review of your Bermuda cruise. We sail from NY on the Crown on June 6th. I hope you have some positive comments about this ship as most of the previous posts have not been very good.,
Old April 26th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Captain

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. I'm on the Crown next week (5/2) booked in an AC suite. Did your AD suite have a VCR or DVD? My son is coming with us and likes to watch a video before bed. Looking forward to your review when I get back.
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:51 AM
preemiemd

There was not a vcr or dvd in our suite. I'm not sure but I think those are only in penthouses and owner suites on the Crown. I'm still working on my review - hopefully will post it on cruise critic over the weekend
Old April 28th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Bob Stevens

I'll look forward to reading that review. I'll be on the Crown this summer.
Old April 28th, 2004, 05:20 PM
preemiemd

My review is now on cruise critic message board on NCL threads (as opposed to cruise review section). Feel free to ask questions there.