Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:09 PM
susus

Default ROLL CALL Norwegian Star 6/6/04

Anyone going...Getting excited here...25 more days!
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: ROLL CALL Norwegian Star 6/6/04

Hi Susus!

I'm coming back from the Star on the day you leave!! We'll "warm up the ship" for you! Have a great cruise!!

Old May 16th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Passenger

My husband and I will be on the Star to Alaska on June 6th. We are getting really excited, or I say I am, then I tell him all about everything I am learning (he has a very demanding work schedule) so I am our cruise consultant! I have a friend who sailed on this ship in 2002 in Hawaii and they had a marvelous time. Their only concern was how long it took to get off the boat when they were tendered. Do you know if at each port we are docked or do we tender? I am also very concerned about the wait at dining rooms at night, that would be the only thing that would put a damper on things for us. We have decided we would rather order room service than wait in a line!

Cherie
Old May 16th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Yeoman

Cherie,
I am going on the NCL Star in June and according to the schedule and itinerary, we should dock at all places. Leaving the ship at dock ports is relatively easy. I think ship excursions go off first but it doesn't take long and then it's open to everyone. The only time you might have to tender in Alaska would be if there are too many ships in port. I don't think that it happens much though. If you have your documents, it will say either dock or anchor on the itinerary and the anchor will be tendering.

Luanne

Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:33 PM
Passenger

Cherie, I wouldn't worry about standing in line for the dining rooms. There are so many alternative restaurants on this ship, and Freestyle dining, that I can't imagine that you would have to wait very long. I've been on NCL's SKY, and never had to wait longer than 5 mins. to be seated. Just wasn't a problem.

We'll be docking in port. I have a group of almost 30 cabins of family & friends going on 6/6 !!! Can't wait! This is my 3rd time to cruise Alaska, and hopefully, won't be my last. You're in for a treat!

Post Edited (05-23-04 21:37)
NCL's STAR - Alaska 6/06/04
Sensation - W. Caribbean 2/21/04
Inspiration - W. Caribbean 6/8/03
Pride - W. Caribbean 6/02
NCL's Sky - Alaska 6/01
Fantasy - Bahamas 6/97
HAL's Zaandam - E. Caribbean 6/00
HAL's Ryndam - Alaska 9/98
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: ROLL CALL Norwegian Star 6/6/04

Donna,

Thanks for your encouraging message. Docking in the port will really save a lot of time. Wow! You really have a group going!

It is just my husband and I on this cruise, we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this year. We are excited about going, although since I grew up in Colorado, and spent the last 25 years living in Utah at the foot of the Wasatch Mountain range, the scenery might not strike me so much as it might others who don't have the mountain view out their front window! But I know many from here that have been to Alaska and say it is wonderful (but just between you and me I would rather soak up the rays listening to a reggie band in the Caribbean!) Being with my husband will be wonderful though and I am sure will be memories for a lifetime!

See you on the cruise!
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: ROLL CALL Norwegian Star 6/6/04

Cherie,
Congrats to you & your husband! A cruise is a great way to celebrate an anniversary. I LOVE the Teton Mtns in Jackson Hole, WY, so I understand what you mean about the mountains in your area.
Most of our group still lives in FL (where my husband & I grew up) so many of them probably think that they would rather be laying out in the sun too. They're used to the Caribbean cruises. But, I'm sure they are going to fall in love with Alaska! It's just wonderfully beautiful place. Everyone should experience Alaska at least once. (IMHO)
Here's to a smooth waters and beautiful star-filled skys.
Donna

NCL's STAR - Alaska 6/06/04
Sensation - W. Caribbean 2/21/04
Inspiration - W. Caribbean 6/8/03
Pride - W. Caribbean 6/02
NCL's Sky - Alaska 6/01
Fantasy - Bahamas 6/97
HAL's Zaandam - E. Caribbean 6/00
HAL's Ryndam - Alaska 9/98