Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:58 AM
travelling fools
Default restaurant rules

We would like to dine in the main dining room on formal night but need to know how strict they are on dress code.My husband does not want to take his suit for 1 night.He will be taking dress pants with shirt.I will take a long skirt with top.Will that be okay?
Also can you use drink cards in main dining room?
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Cruise Maniac
Default Re: restaurant rules

On our last cruise the men wore everything from golf shirts to tuxedos on formal night. Alas , they were not strick at all.

Can you sneak DH's blazer into your stuff, just in case. Then you can "make" him put it on for the photo & hang it over the back of the chair at dinner.

I've never purchased a soda card but I assume they work at dinner. The only other drink card I know of on NCL is the card you get punched at various bars; you get a souvenier if you finish it. The dining room is not one of the bars on the card. The wine package requires you to maintain your receipts.
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:46 AM

I sailed on the dawn in February and I have to say, despite a sign reading "After 5:30, no tank-tops, jeans, ect." people wore what ever they wanted to. Even on the "formal" night, people were allowed to enter in jeans and tank tops. And the formal night isn't required. I think your husband would be fine in nice slacks and a shirt each night . . and a long skirt with a nice top will certainly be fine for you . .
Old May 16th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Dennis B

There are two main dining rooms on the fifth floor - the four seasons and the seven seas - the four seasons will be formal - the seven seas will be resort casual - our group got challenged on a formal night when trying to use the four seasons - after an exchange between our TA and the maitre'de we were able to dine with the following either a shirt and tie or a shirt and sport jacket - but once seated people removed their jacket and nothing further was said

Yes you can use pop card in the dining room - the only place i remember that you can't use them is for room service

Hope this helps and happy a great cruise

Old May 16th, 2004, 02:56 PM
First Mate

I tahink slacks and a really nice shirt would be just fine; what you are planning on wearing is ourstanding! As for jeans, tank tops, etc, I have read before they have been allowed in the main dining rooms, but I have never seen anyone dressed that way and have seen some turned away for being under dressed and in some cases almost undressed!

Old May 16th, 2004, 03:20 PM
First Mate
Send a message via AIM to marvholly

From my experience on the Dream 11/02 with 2 dine rooms the larger was designated "formal" and the smaller resort casual (ie khakis and polos ok) for the official formal nites. We did dress (suite/cocktail dress) but chose to eat in the smaller room as we liked the Matre'D and atmosphere better.