Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Beginner

Default kids crew

I am cruising on June 13th with my kids ages 10 and 14. The two ten year olds I am putting into the kids Crew program will they truely entertain the kids or will I have to worry about them roaming the ship when they are suppose to be in supervised activities. Also do they have to stay all day in the program or can they just go for certain hours. Thanks for your help....
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ridingarrett
Default Re: kids crew

My ten year old daughter loved the kids crew... the hours were from like 10am-12pm then 1pm-5pm and then 7pm-11pm... the advisors did a great job with them!

Carrie

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 16th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Dan p

We had our grand daughters [7 5]on the nov 4 2003 cruise and they loved it .I t even gave the adults time to go to dinner by ourselves as they wanted to be at the crew.The cruise working in there were really great with them.We are looking to take another cruise on the Dawn with them and that is a big PLUS.
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:28 PM
First Mate

Our grand daughter was about 10 or 11 the first time she did kids crew and had a ball. Was she busy, you bet. She did have time to eat with us each night. Her sister, 14 at the time choose not to participate in the teen program. She kept busy just doing the sun thing and spending time with us plus a couple kids she met on the ship. You have nothing to worry about except not seeing enough of the kids.

NMNita
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Another Cruiser

Actually NCL program allows "over 13" year olds to sign themselves in/out of the program. And if your 10 year olds attend - they may attend one or all of the scheduled activity times.

The first night of the cruise there is a chance to meet/review the program. This may give you the opportunity to discuss with your children if they think the program will work - for them.

Everyone has a different "expectation" of what they should get out of the program - and in this case I would only suggest that you allow your youngsters to have a say in this area. They will be the best judge of whether it works for them.

We will be taking our children on our next cruise - they are looking forward to the program - but are not bound to it. (they are 2 years old to 15) We know that each of them will have their own definite opinion on what will work for them. They are also part of a very large group of children on board - we have spent months online meeting other families that will also be on our cruise.

As far as the times of the program - we are taking a family cruise and just like my husband and I want time to do other activities (like the fitness center and the spa) we are sure that the children don't want to spend the whole time on board away from chances to do activities with us. We feel that the time the kids program is open provides both the children and us with that opportunity - we want to spend meal times together, experience activities together, and go on excursions together. Now before I get flamed for that - I understand that when cruisers return to the ship during a port visit they and their children may want a break from each other - there are opportunities for that - planning makes it happen.

Above all - have a positive happy attitude about the cruising (kids club) experience and you will not be disappointed.

Babyof8 - which cruise are you on - the "shakedown" of the newly flagged Aloha?

I suggest that you look for a roll call for your cruise to get those kids talking before you sail!

Have fun!