Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:24 AM
brandy

Default transportation from IAH to La Porte

Hello, I am cruising on the Norwegian Sea in November out of Houston (our very first cruise - I am very excited!) We've booked a hotel in La Porte (La Quinta Inn) for the night before the cruise. But, my question is, what is the best way to get from IAH airport to the hotel in La Porte? And, after the cruise, what is the best (and by best I mean cheapest) to get from the pier back to the airport?

There will be four adults traveling together. Do you think a taxi both ways would be the best idea? Any advice would be great! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2004, 07:59 PM
JTCruisin

Default Re: transportation from IAH to La Porte

I live here in Houston and it's about 43 miles from IAH to LaPorte.

Have you checked with the cruise line to see if they have airport transfers available? That may be cheaper than a taxi. If not, I believe that you might want to get a taxi both coming and going. It won't be cheap, but your guaranteed to get there and back without a lot of headaches.

Hopefully somebody else that has sailed out of that port before may be able to tell you how they got there from the airport.

Good Luck and Happy Cruisin'
Old June 13th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: transportation from IAH to La Porte

Brandy - We are flying into IAH. NCL has a shuttle from IAH to the pier. What we are doing is renting a car from Enterprise at the airport and driving to the port. It is about a 50 minute drive. If you ask Enterprise for the special NCL price from the airport to Seaport they waive the drop-off fee. Seaport is about 5 miles from the pier, and then Enterprise can give you a ride to the ship. Here is their website:

http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental...?emailsignup=y

The phone number is 1-800-RENT-A-CAR. We are paying about $35. total for the 4 of us, versus $20. each way for each person if we use the NCL shuttle. Good luck!