Sailed on Dawn 5/30. I've read many bad reviews before sailing and was ready for a so so cruise.
This was my first cruise on NCL. I had been on Royal Car and twice on celebrity. So I have something to base it on.
1) The ship is nice, new, clean, and big. It is a floating hotel. Casino was nice. Theater was nice. Shops OK. Main registrtation area nice. Pool area nice. No complaints.
2) Room - The rooms are nice and kept very clean. They have a dial on the outside of the room that tells the staff what you need doen like "make up room" or do not disturb. Nice feature. The rooms are very modern. The only thing I can suggest is to bring a bar of soap. I had and glad I did. They have wall mounted soft soap dispensers but the soap doesn't lather up.
3) Meals - Service at all the restaurants was excellent. They really tried to please us. We ate mostly at the 3 main restaraunts. The menus are all the same for that day.
The meals were OK. Nothing special or as good as Celebrity but we all know that Celebrity is about the best there is.
The blue lagoon is 24 hour. Only complaint is that I wish they had ice cream and some other desserts at the lagoon.
4) Motion - The whole trip was pretty smooth except for the return to NY. Could feel a lot of movement on the ends of the ship.
5) Embark/disbark - This wasn't anything good to write about. We waited in line about 45 minutes to get through the signing in. To get off many people many bags. One of our bags appeared to be missing even though we had the correct tags (color coded). Found it in another pile with different tags.
6) Exercusion - Was disappointed. The Kennedy thing was boring and didnt get your money worth. I had been there years back but it still wasnt any better.
Miami everglades air boat ride - Again boring. Not what I expected.
Nasauu - Went shopping. What else to do?
Private island. - Very hot . Ok if you're a sun lover.
But it might be different for you.
Overall - Very nice cruise. Nice ship. Excellent service.