Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2005, 11:01 AM
First Mate

Default Hawaii At Last

I did it I just booked my self on the American Pride for Oct.1 2006.
Any tips on which island has the best shore excursions and what I need to know most to have a cruise of a life time,
WHO ELSE IS COMING WITH US.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
Single Mom

Default Re: Hawaii At Last

Congrats! We cruised the islands in May on the Pride of Aloha and found lots of things to be interesting and disappointing. Most of all, we found doing the islands on our own was the best way to do it. At each port they had rental car shuttles to take you to pick up cars. Book ahead and get some good deals - we averaged $30 a day on each island for a midsize car. Feel free to email me directly and I can provide more details and photos if you like.

Having never been to the islands this was the way to do it. Have fun!
Old July 4th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Admiral

I said on the inaugural voyage of Pride of Aloha, a disaster in terms of food and service.
However, this itinerary -- the one you'll be taking -- is one of the very best I've ever taken.
I've been to Tahiti, but I think Hawaii is more awesome and more diverse. We had so much time in port, so much independence, I felt free as a bird. There are myriad choices in things to do.

Here's my biggest tip: plan your own shore excursions because they are very expensive through the ship. For example, if you email or call Budget, the price of a rental car is $30 per day. But if you book a Budget car through the ship, it's $70.

Get a list of NCL's shore excursions (probably at their web site). The majority of excursions you can book yourself for a fraction of the price.

Alas, this isn't the place for shoppers. You will only find tshirts, Hawaiian shirts and Kona coffee in every port, nothing else. The Kona is the same price it is in New York!

But Hawaii is spectacularily beautiful and there are more unique activities to choose from than you can fit in. Plus, it's the easiest place in the world to visit -- it's the United States.

www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old July 5th, 2005, 01:54 AM
First Mate

Thank you so much for your input. I do know that my camera will be my best friend. I hope that the service has improved since they have started. I have read some pretty bad post. I have never experinced the freestyle cruising but I do like the idea of not having to hurry back to the ship for dinner if I'm on a excersion.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2