Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2005, 02:28 PM
robs

Default entertainment on NCL

Thinking of booking the Jewel in January. I have been on Carnival and Princess. Wondering how th formal shows stack up on NCL in general?
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:35 PM
First Mate

Default Re: entertainment on NCL

I found the shows on the Sky and the Sun OK - a little bland for my taste but I guess that is to be expected when one must appeal to a mass market. Jane L. Powell (NCL's resident singer who moves from ship to ship) is a standout - very versatile.
Old July 4th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Admiral

I think Carnival beats everyone in entertainment. They have very professional proformers, produce their own shows and spend a lot of money in this area. NCL uses an outside production company, Jean Ann Ryan, who does very staid, tried and true things lacking imagination. But I'm not much of a fan of Princess' entertainment either.

www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old July 4th, 2005, 08:45 AM
newmexicoNita

We have found the entertainment on NCL to be better than on Celebrity. Comparing it with Carival would not be fair as we haven't cruised Carnival for quite awhile and it may have improved. Actually the Jean Ryan company were not part of our last NCL cruise which was a big disappointment, we love them. The Dawn now has 2nd City which if anything like 2nd City in Vegas is awesome and yes, if Jane Powell is on your sailing she is not to be missed. Like all ships some nights are much better than others, when you are trying to make 2000 plus people of all ages happy it isn't easy. NMNita
Old July 4th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Parrot Mom

Just put me on a ship with Jane L. Powell and Idon't care which ship or where it's going...I love that woman.. We've been on two of her cruises and before we pick our next cruise I'm going to check with her management company..