Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:21 PM
ginny

Default Crown??

My family and I are cruisin' to Bermuda in a couple of days on the Crown. I've been doing a lot of reading peoples reviews on different ships but haven't heard much of anything on the Crown at all. Should I be worried? This is our first cruise and we want it to be great. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Christine Federici

Default Re: Crown??

Ginny,

My husband and I are sailing on the Crown 7/18 to Bermuda, so it sounds like we're on the same sailing date. The most recent reviews of the Crown have been very positive. It is a smaller ship as we were on the Dawn last year, but from what I understand it is kept up well. Are you sailing with children? I'm not quite sure what type of programs they have for children as it's just me and my husband. I've also heard positive comments about the food and of course, Bermuda is supposed to be wonderful.

Some of the message boards on other sites have more recent reviews of the Crown which may be helpful to you, but I tend to not try to let negative reviews influence me. I'm going to go with a positive attitude and I 'm goint to have a wonderful cruise no matter what. Blue water, pink sand, and just being away from the daily grind of work, cooking, cleaning, etc. is a positive in and of itself.

By the way, what deck is your cabin on? Hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise and who knows, maybe we'll get to meet.

Chris
Old July 16th, 2004, 10:05 PM
ginny

Default Re: Re: Crown??

Thanks for the encouragement! I do have an almost 6yr old son who is very excited about the cruise. My family and I are on the marina deck with windows or portholes, not sure which. I'm with you, very excited to be getting out of NJ and to Bermuda! A much needed vacation. I'm traveling with my mother and father, my brother and his wife (of one week), and my son. We are all looking forward to trip. Ginny
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:36 PM
tc3

Default Re: Crown??

Sailed on the Crown to Bermuda on 7/4/04. We had a wonderful time! The crew was pleasant and helpful. The food was great and freestyle was a nice alternative. We enjoyed the smaller ship attitude. Bermuda is just beautiful. I too read far too many negative reviews about the Crown before my trip. Don't let others influence your vacation. It's all about what you make it. Get to the beaches early before they get crowded and enjoy the snorkeling. It's great at Tobacco Bay and Snorkel Park. Have a great trip. Wish I was going back!