Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Passenger

Default tipping pride of aloha

I understand that the $10 tipping charge has been eliminated. Do you tip the wait staff in the dining room as you go? We always tip the cabin steward at the beginning an then again at the end of the cruise so this is not a concern, This is my first time doing freestyle, and am not sure if you tip at every meal. Also, is there a choice of tipping using the $10 charge? How do you assess what to tip when you are not sure of the price of the meal? Am confused. Thank you for any help. BTW Our trip on the POA is Sept.11. I'm not the least bit worried about the reviews I've been reading. Everyone's expectations are different. Mine are to have a wonderful time. Looking for anyone on the ship sailing Sept.11.

Past cruises:Carnival Miracle, RCCL Adventure of the Seas, Celebrity Century
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: tipping pride of aloha

As far as I know (meaning it could change at any time), the $10 service charge has been eliminate until further notice. In its place the system is to tip at the time you receive the service. That can be cash in the hand of the service provider, or sometimes if you sign a charge slip there will be a place for the tip.

On the POA, in the spa, the "service charge" is not a tip, it is pooled and becomes all the staff's regular pay. If you want to individually tip your masseuse then you need to fill in the spot that says "additional tip" - or else give them cash.