Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2004, 08:51 PM
jhunterp

Default NCL Majesty Boston - Bermuda

We just came back from Bermuda and our Majesty cruise a couple of weeks ago and thought it would be fun to see if anyone from our ship posted here. I do want to share a few ups and downs of this cruise in hopes that it helps other passengers to avoid some of the mistakes that we made, but also to inform you of some GREAT times that we had, too. My first piece of advice is to save your money and NOT DO the Harbor Nights Cruise excursion (all it was was a 1.5hr ferry ride to Hamilton for a street festival ... the excursion price was about $45 dollars). I would recommend taking a cab (if they are not striking ~ they were all on strike when we were there) OR, better yet, invest in a bus pass $28/3 days...well worth it if you want to sight-see yourself. The other excursion that I DO NOT recommend is the Grotto Bay Cave Tour ($65/per person). We were so excited about this one because of the thought of swimming in a natural salt water cave "pool", but we couldn't see a THING! Out of 15 of us, only 3 flashlights worked (and even those were dimming) AND the lights inside the cave were burned out. I had to hold onto the back of my husbands swim shorts just to keep from falling. It was VERY disappointing! I CAN RECOMMEND the Turtle Bay Catamaran trip which was OUTSTANDING and well worth the price (approx. $60/per person). It was fun, informative, relaxing, beautiful and exceeded our expectations in EVERY way! I wish we had been able to do it more than once ... it was GREAT!

Someone posted up above that the food was not wonderful and I have to agree.
~ it was not at all what we expected (we have cruised other lines and have always had wonderful meals!). She also mentioned that she got a big kick out of Rudi, the circus entertainer/"comedian"/dancer/singer etc ... We found this man to be SO obnoxious. He had the most annoying schtick ... "I LIIIIIKE YOU" in a thick accent, then lifts his shirt to show off his chest. It wasn't funny ... as a matter of fact, my husband and I didn't laugh once during his show ... we stayed, though, hoping that it would get better, but it didn't, unfortunately. I don't know ... maybe it was us.

What we found to be the most fun was the 70's dance party in the disco on deck 7 (aft). They had contests w/crew members in huge afros and funky 70's clothing and played 70's music until 2:30 in the morning. I also recommend treating yourself to the spa while you are there. I had a manicure and pedicure and felt that they were WELL worth the money ($25 for the manicure .. can't remember what the pedicure was).

Anyway, I hope that some of this helps you save some money & time while you are on the cruise. I honestly think that the next time we go on a cruise, it won't be on the Majesty ... for the price we paid, we expected a lot more. Bermuda was wonderful and there is NO doubt that you'll have a blast while you are there. :o) Janet
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2004, 09:53 AM
Parrot Mom

Default Re: NCL Majesty Boston - Bermuda

SHE" is me.. I never recomend taking the tours from the ship in Bermuda.. Yes, after 9 other trips onthe Majesty I found the food very disappointing on this trip, but some other people didn't seem to notice... As for Rudi..lol..well everybody has different tastes..I found him extremely talented and he and his wife, plus Elvy Rose (if she was on the Majesty that week).. were the absolute highlights.. Now, just be glad you aren't onthe ship this week.. the Majesty and the Crown have I have just read on the Bermuda Royal Gazette strong seas and there was much sickness onboard...